1.    #1  
    http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...tylus-use.html

Using my fingers, the TP incredibly responsive (with sens/smoothness patch), but with just the tip of the stylus I get no feedback. Now,this is understandable as I'm sure they expect you to just touch your Touchpad, but since we have the ability to change the sensitivity, why not make a patch that allows for very little-pressure-required stylus use?
    I would love to see this as well... my wife has a graphics tablet and I'm sure she would love to be able to do some basic line art on the touchpad when we go on vacation.
    Any chance that this old WebOS patch does what you want? It mentions the amount of pixels required for the dead zone before objects are recognized as being touched but I wonder if that also pertains to clicking/pressing with the stylus.

Maybe the experts can chime in here and report back?

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...10px-15px.html
    Global Posts
    380 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Infinite Jest View Post
    http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...tylus-use.html

Using my fingers, the TP incredibly responsive (with sens/smoothness patch), but with just the tip of the stylus I get no feedback. Now,this is understandable as I'm sure they expect you to just touch your Touchpad, but since we have the ability to change the sensitivity, why not make a patch that allows for very little-pressure-required stylus use?
    I think you need a special stylus that would work with a capacitive touch screen. The stylus works on the old Treos, because they had a resistive method for sensing touch.

I think Apple just received a patent for a capacitive stylus...
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    I already suggested the use of Dagi stylus HP TouchPad, e.g., like this one: iPad stylus,iPhone stylus, DAGi transparent accurate capacitive stylus, 精準電容觸控筆 -- 手機型號 , but there are many other models there on the same principle: transparent "touch" disk provides adequate response together with a precise positioning of a "tip".
    Me, I failed to get me the HP TouchPad yet (my rent literally tripled overnight a week before "TP Fire Sale"), but I see like 100 % of new HP TouchPad owners never tried Dagi. Yet I feel there are some artists out there with their brand new TPs who might be willing to experiment. At eBay, you can have these styli for $13-$25. I have no connection to that Taiwanese company whatsoever, and I don't own Dagi either.
    ------------------------
    some thoughts on HP TouchPad hardware in my blog: fineoils.blogspot.com, feel free to comment here or there
    What you are dealing with on a capacitive screen is mainly the contact area and you need a minimum area which is about 8mm in diameter for effective operation. Firmer press = larger contact area.

For drawing you need a different technology, such as a WACOM digitiser.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    What you are dealing with on a capacitive screen is mainly the contact area and you need a minimum area which is about 8mm in diameter for effective operation. Firmer press = larger contact area.

For drawing you need a different technology, such as a WACOM digitiser.
    I realized last night that I had be misinterpreting how the sensitivity patches worked, mistaking the number of pixels around an object for some kind of hardware sensitivity tweak. That needs to be explained better in those patches.