Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by mkln View Post
    The PDF reader on my TP works but is unusable.

It's slow (VERY slow) and can't zoom enough to have large, readable text.
    I thought I was going to read PDFs on my TP but I'm stuck to my PC.

This is disappointing.

Try turning it to portrait view and make sure your rotation lock is off. I have several PDF's and they all scale full size in portrait vs landscape mode.
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
    This is still by the far the biggest draw back to the Touchpad. Adobe just half-assed their software, which I am surprised HP allowed. I really hope someone comes out with a 3rd party PDF viewer that renders properly on zoom, allows bookmarking/annotating, etc, as a decent PDF reader is an essential app for a tablet.
    agreed. No bookmarking is driving me nuts... Can't even type in a page number. Its scroll or scroll or scroll some more.
    Quote Originally Posted by ryan0991 View Post
    TBQH, preader is a piece of junk.
    Nothing wrong with Preader - it does a perfectly good job of reading most standard ebook formats (once you install the alpha version from Preware, mind you).

But it's a shame it doesn't improve the ability to read PDF's, which at least for me is the best format for ebooks. I mean, you could convert them to epub picture format to maintain the formatting and pictures, but Preader can't read them properly. The view goes flashy/jittery and doesn't display them at full size.

But if you mean that preader is a piece of junk because of that, well, I'll admit it's pretty useless for me.
    Bookmarking is an issue. But I cant understand how they dont atleast have a word search function or the ability to but in a page you want to jump to instead of that silly scroll function they have. Wish there was some way I could port the Adobe version I have my old Touch Pro 2 over to this TP.
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    Yeah, the PDF reader sucks, just as it does on my Veer. Fortunately I have Chroot Ubuntu and can load up PDFs there, but most people won't jump through that hoop.
    Original Palm Pilot+modem > Kyocera QCP 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 650 > HTC TyTN (ugh) > Palm Centro > Nokia E75 > Nokia E72 + iPad2 > HP Veer + TouchPad + UK Pre3 + AT&T Pre3 > iPad2 + ATT Pre3 + Nokia N9 > Galaxy S3 > Pre3 > Nexus 4 > Blackberry Q10 + Galaxy Note 8.0
    Global Posts
    112 Global Posts
    the weird thing is that HP had in mind that the touchpad was aimed at the enterprise market and yet released touchpad without a PDF reader that could annotate (think annotated for the iPad) and an app that can access a corporate IT type drive (think Itap for the ipad).

pretty odd.
    Global Posts
    112 Global Posts
    iannotate not annotated. Sorry about that.
    Quote Originally Posted by IronClad View Post
    Oh how do I load PDFs onto the tablet with a physical connection to the PC? i.e. I have the PDF document saved on my computer and want to transfer it to the touchpad instead of downloading it through the touchpad.

What software and apps will I need?
    Easiest way is to set up your 50gig free box.net account, upload the PDF's to that account, and download them into your touchpad through the app...

Totally sweet, good luck!
    Quote Originally Posted by Centrico View Post
    Easiest way is to set up your 50gig free box.net account, upload the PDF's to that account, and download them into your touchpad through the app...

Totally sweet, good luck!
    Actually, I'd say the easiest way would be to connect the TouchPad to the PC with the supplied USB cable and drag/drop the files to the TouchPad. No additional software needed.

That said, I'd also recommend setting up the Box.net account as well!
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    Just wondering, would the documents to go reader of webOS 1.x work (better) on the Touchpad? Maybe with some additional hacking to make it run full screen?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12