Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I purchased the package and gave it a try on the TP. The video quality was not good. If this is what we might expect on Netflix its time to root to droid
    As a long time android user and advocate since google first announced its iniative and new HP touchpad owner and webOS advocate I say good luck with that, dont let the door hit you on the way out, and let us know how you like your new HP beer coaster.

As an original galaxy tab owner from which im actually typing this right now it clear you have yet to use android 2.x on a tablet... All the delusional Fandroids (myself included) must realize that the touchpad will never get honeycomb as the source code will never be released. The honeycomb version is a variant on the opensource android OS and as such not subject to the same open source licensing as the 1~2.x series..

Anyway ive sat and grown with android with the original G1 at launch and have owned 5 android phones since and 2 android tablets. Imho who do not have the patience to do the same with webOS and recognize it tremendous potential should go ahead and hit the bricks now..
    How were you watching this on your TouchPad?
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    I have watched 2 NFL Preseason Live games so far on my TP and the video was amazing. Could it be your network speed? Also, sometimes the video seems to degrade even when watching on my pc and I have to pause it for a few seconds to let it buffer.

Hope that helps!
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    I watched the Texans vs 49ers game on my touchpad and it was great quality video. I have Verizon Fios so my connection was really good. I bet the performance issues are that your connection speed is mediocre tonight.
    Quote Originally Posted by checo446 View Post
    I watched the Texans vs 49ers game on my touchpad and it was great quality video. I have Verizon Fios so my connection was really good. I bet the performance issues are that your connection speed is mediocre tonight.
    I have the same problem than advocate2.
    I tried to watch Miami vs TampaBay yesterday and other games this morning but the quality was poor.

On the touchpad, I never reached more than 800 kbits in the NFL Player but with my PC at the same time quality was quite perfect (3000 kbits) with the same WIFI connection.

My router is a Linksys/Cisco E200 with the following parameters :
    WPA2 Personnal for security
    and I used the mixed mode (Wireless-N, Wireless-G and 802.11b activated)

For those, with perfect quality, could you post your router name/model and your configuration
    Thanks
  7.    #7  
    The delay I experienced appeared to be a lack of buffering. I get 16gb down on my Linksys E300, so it's not bandwith.

I'm not a very technical user, but youtube seems ok compared to what I saw on NFL.

On Michael's comments, I have the Asus Transformer running HC 3.2 which does not have this problem. It reads library books, I get Netflix and Slingbox without rooting. It reads and edits MS Office docs.

I like the TP hardware. I like WebOS. It's what I can't do properly on the TP that worries me. There are 300 million cellphones in the US. How many are running Android vs. WebOS? Even with the firesale, I am concerned that Developers won't see the kind of numbers to induce them to fix issues with WebOS.
    Last edited by advocate2; 08/28/2011 at 07:47 AM.
    how do you watch the games? What website? Or app?
    yes, please tell
    Advocate2,

A couple of things you need to clarify;
    1) Are you using stock or did you install uberkernal? This makes a huge difference in processing the streams.
    2) Did you install all the performance patches for logging, remove download limiter, etc?
    Quote Originally Posted by freeoscar View Post
    I use the "nfl gamepass hd" web site but i'm in europe and I think it's not available in us territories...
    The player uses flash.
    Last edited by perdd; 08/28/2011 at 09:31 AM. Reason: modification
    Global Posts
    752 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by freeoscar View Post
    This.
  13.    #13  
    I have added all the performance enhancements, including uberkernal.

I use NFL.com to watch the pre-season games live, but it was a paid subscription of $20 for all four weekends.
  14.    #14  
    I just checked my MLB-com seanson pass and received the same result.

is there a way to change the frame rate?
    I run MLB fine but you do have to reduce the video quality down to 1.

Link to MLB.tv thread
    http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...-mlb-tv-2.html
    Im salivating at the opportunity to be able to watch NFL on my TP...
    I watched yesterdays 49ers game on my TP and it looked perfect.
    Quote Originally Posted by sracercelica View Post
    I watched yesterdays 49ers game on my TP and it looked perfect.
    for me the quality is still poor on the TP...
    Could u tell me the name of the router you are using ?

perdd
    sracercelica,

for the benefit of others here, can you post your patches you are running, cpu speed, router type, any other items that could affect performance.

Thanks
    How the heck are u guys watching. I have Sunday ticket but where else. Pm please

sent from my thunderbolt
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast