Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Infinite Jest
  • 2 Post By Infinite Jest
  1.    #1  
    Is there any plan to release a sensitivity patch tailored for stylus use (or is there one already out?)? I'm using the sensitivity/smoothness patch (non-10) and I have to spread the stylus tip a bit before it gets registered.

Quote Originally Posted by Infinite Jest View Post
    Well, using my fingers, it is incredibly responsive, but with just the tip of the stylus I get no feedback. Now,this is understandable as I'm sure they expect you to just touch your Touchpad, but since we have the ability to change the sensitivity, why not make a patch that allows for very little-pressure-required stylus use?
    I'm not sure how difficult this would be to put together, but making capacitive styli ore practical to use would be excellent.
    Last edited by Infinite Jest; 08/28/2011 at 12:21 AM.
    seito likes this.
  2.    #2  
    Did I post this in the correct section?
    Any stylus for the ipad will work with the Touchpad...
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Prdamrican View Post
    Any stylus for the ipad will work with the Touchpad...
    I know this; even with the sensitive patch, the amount of pressure I have to apply to spread the capacitive tip to where I get a registered 'touch' is less than ideal. Basically, withered be an under 8px sensitivity Patch released as to make stylus use more enjoyable and any drawing apps easier to use?
    the amount of pressure I have to apply to spread the capacitive tip to where I get a registered 'touch' is less than ideal.
    So you're having to push harder than you think is reasonable? That does sound like a problem.
    User of Android, Blackberry OS, WebOS and Windows Mobile (not necessarily in that order).
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by untitled View Post
    So you're having to push harder than you think is reasonable? That does sound like a problem.
    Well, using my fingers, it is incredibly responsive, but with just the tip of the stylus I get no feedback. Now,this is understandable as I'm sure they expect you to just touch your Touchpad, but since we have the ability to change the sensitivity, why not make a patch that allows for very little-pressure-required stylus use?
    Last edited by Infinite Jest; 08/28/2011 at 12:12 AM.
    Global Posts
    218 Global Posts
    Well, using my fingers, it is incredibly responsive, but with just the tip of the stylus I get no feedback. Understandable as I'm sure they expect you to just touch your Touchpad, but since we have the ability to change the sensitivity, why not make a patch that allows for very low pressure stylus use?
    I agree

A sensitivity patch would be awesome and allow people to use capacitive stylus's instead of getting their screens all fingerprinted.

Please someone come up with this patch, or if there is a better stylus method that works let us know!
    The best way to get this recognized is to make the thread title "[PATCH REQUEST] Change sensitivity to allow stylus input" ..or something like that. The header [PATCH REQUEST] is what grabs any would-be patcher's attention here in the forums.