1.    #1  
    Anyone get google reader support to work in Glimpse? I love the Twitter integration, but the google reader pane can't seem to login?
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    I'm having the same problem. I saw on the developer's blog that it can be caused if you are using Google's two-step verification, but I'm not and still can't get it to sync, so I have no idea. I sure do want it to work!
    I can't even find googlreader. I've updated the app and tried finding it from the drop own menu and it wasn't there. I've checked the version I have and it is the right one.
    Vote for QuickOffice for Palm Pre!
    http://quickoffice.ideascale.com/a/dtd/21866-5219
    Quote Originally Posted by Presmurf View Post
    I can't even find googlreader. I've updated the app and tried finding it from the drop own menu and it wasn't there. I've checked the version I have and it is the right one.
    If you can't find a widget, it's most likely turned off in the Prefs. Whenever a new widget is added, you have to toggle it on
    If you have 2 step verification for your google account, check this link:
    I can't Log into Google Reader - IngloriousApps's Blog

A few people have reported that they're still having issues after following the step above. I'm still investigating this.
    thanks. I just had to turn it on. Now let me investigate this 2 step thing
    Vote for QuickOffice for Palm Pre!
    http://quickoffice.ideascale.com/a/dtd/21866-5219
    any fix for this yet ... I can't get Google Reader feeds to appear on my TP ....just keeps clocking
    Yes, there's a fix. I submitted it yesterday, it should be available very soon
    Quote Originally Posted by snoopgoat View Post
    thanx
    Global Posts
    176 Global Posts
    I guess I could be using it wrong but I paid for Glimpse and I don't even use it.
    I must be missing the point or something. I sometimes use it for my twitter feed. I don't like the way it displays my google reader and I can't access my bookmarks in the browser as far as I can tell.
    So, for a program that is supposed to make me more efficient it's actually doing the opposite.
    Quote Originally Posted by prim8 View Post
    I guess I could be using it wrong but I paid for Glimpse and I don't even use it.
    I must be missing the point or something. I sometimes use it for my twitter feed. I don't like the way it displays my google reader and I can't access my bookmarks in the browser as far as I can tell.
    So, for a program that is supposed to make me more efficient it's actually doing the opposite.
    You can't access your browser bookmarks, because it's impossible for 3rd party Apps.
    I'm sorry you haven't found a use case scenario (yet). Some people like using it for RSS/Twitter/Web (my personal favorite). Some People use it for their multiple twitter accounts (you can have up to 5 different accounts open in each pane). Some people use it for watching Youtube while keeping an eye on their twitter feed.
    One thing to keep in mind, each mini-app (or widget as I call them), isn't meant to be a full feature app (otherwise, the App would cost more than $5 ) They're meant to be 'light-weight', just enough to get the basic stuff done. If you're a twitter junky, even though the twitter widget is quite full-featured, you're probably better off using SpazHD. If you're looking for a more immersive google reader experience, you're probably better off using NomNomNom or any other dedicated App.
    Quote Originally Posted by snoopgoat View Post
    by the way, how soon is very soon
    Quote Originally Posted by musick View Post
    by the way, how soon is very soon
    As soon as the App review team publishes it
    Snoopgoat ..... the update is live and the fix is working

thanks so much!!!