1.    #1  
    Has anyone had success with getting Slingbox viewer working on TP. There are viewer apps for IOS and android systems but not webos.
    I'm waiting too. If no Slingbox, Aldiko, Random Mahjong, Netflix, or Doc editor then my TP is getting rooted to Android as soon as possible.
    Global Posts
    151 Global Posts
    Don't have my TP yet (still hoping), but have you tried the web interface? I used it once on a PC and it wasn't too bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by mykanu View Post
    Has anyone had success with getting Slingbox viewer working on TP. There are viewer apps for IOS and android systems but not webos.
    I waited for 2 years for my Pre, then I moved to Android.
    I thought maybe I could use watch.sling.com but the Touchpad's browser isn't compatible.
    Sigh...
    lol...Sling was supposed to be a launch partner for the Pre in 2009. 2011 is mostly done and still no love...
    i know this is horrible
    Gotta stay in the "NO"
    Global Posts
    444 Global Posts
    Just came across this and decided to order one. Tired of waiting for sling to release WebOS software....

Sprint Treo 650 --> Sprint Treo 700p --> Sprint Centro --> Sprint Pre- --> AT&T Veer/ Pre 2/ Pre 3, Touchpad
    If you have the Splashtop, you can use your Slingbox with the TP. Either the original desktop player or the watch.slingbox site.
    It's pokey on mine but I think that's because my home network is slow.
    But it does work and $5 is a lot cheaper than $30.
    I did the splashtop thing. For me, it works inside the home LAN really well - but for remote viewing - with a 2.4 Mps DSL connection on the receiving end - it was barely watchable. Unlike the sling applications - there is no buffer with splashtop so unless the connection on both the upload side and download side is really fast and really stable you are going to get dropped video frames over the splashtop. Audio was fine, just frames would drop occasionally which is really annoying. Same situation for Netflix, it worked but was pretty crappy because there is no buffer to clean out the inevitable dips and drops in the internet connection.

BTW, that 2.4 Mps DSL connection does work fine for viewing with the laptop using the sling application. So it is definitely the lack of buffer that is causing the problem.
    Global Posts
    444 Global Posts
    Splashtop is very nice, but it just does not cut it for me for slingbox over the internets. I have 1.75Mbps up and the video is very jerky. (audio works just fine.)

I went ahead and ordered the Broadway I mentioned above. Hope it is a good alternative. Looks like you do not need to purchase software for each of my mobile devices in order to watch it. (unlike sling where I have purchased the player for 2 centros, an ipad, and an Epic 4g.)
    Sprint Treo 650 --> Sprint Treo 700p --> Sprint Centro --> Sprint Pre- --> AT&T Veer/ Pre 2/ Pre 3, Touchpad