1.    #1  
    I bought the Touchpad in the hopes of using it as an ebook reader, and after finding out that (at the moment) Kindle isn't available in the UK I've begun to look at other options.

Preader seems to be the best all around app but all of my ebooks are in PDF format. Throwing them into a PDF to EPUB converter (Calibre/various other apps) tends to work except it doesn't maintain the pages, and I end up with a mess of text with random page numbers dotted throughout the book. I tried a 'picture' option (where I assume each page of the PDF document is saved as a picture file), but Preader won't read the large files this makes.

The built in PDF reader works but it doesn't work like an ebook reader where it remembers the last place you read to.

Is there a better option for reading PDF's on the Touchpad?
    For PDFs you only have the native reader as an option.
    Doesn't Kindle offer an email service that converts PDFs into Kindle format? I know they used to convert all kinds of stuff.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    Doesn't Kindle offer an email service that converts PDFs into Kindle format? I know they used to convert all kinds of stuff.
    I can remember using that when I had a Kindle for a short while (a short while meaning I got two units with something rattling inside, so I gave up!) - it seemed to work in a similar way. It scanned all the text in the document, but any headers at the top of the page (with the name of the book/chapter and page number) turning up at random points in the pages.

But I guess the most I can hope for is that preader gets PDF support at some point, or the Java framework it's based on is fixed to support bigger than 10mb files. The default reader would be fine if it could remember your place in the document when you left it. Unless I left it running in the background, but for an 800 page Science textbook that's not really an option