Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes
    Skins go in media/internals/snes/skins
    ROMs go in media/internals/snes/roms
    It is illegal to ask where(or provide links) to get the roms. Google is your friend.
    looks great, thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsetter883 View Post
    i wonder if there is a way to combine the buttons from Rescuer's skin with the UI of Javalsu's skin. hmmmmm
    You can do whatever you like.

If you look at the skin files, one is the picture (the overlay) and the other is the config file that tells superNES where the buttons -are-.

So, open the .cfg file and you'll have X-Y coordinates of every single button. Simply figure out where those buttons are (open the png file in gimp and hover over a button with your mouse, in the bottom left you'll have an X-Y coordinate of that pixel).

Enter the info into the cfg file, save, place the cfg AND the png file into a skin folder on the touchpad. Done!

Every other setting deals with things like joystick deadzones, radius of buttons, things like that. It's pretty easy to figure out. You could combine those two skins as a hybrid skin in a couple minutes flat if you wanted to.
    Ok guys, I need some serious help with this app. I have games that seem to work fine on my touchpad, and I downloaded several skins submitted for the touchpad on this forum. However, no matter how I set up the skins folder, when I get to the main menu on the app it says "skins11." There are then 11 skins which I used to be able to choose between, but now it only lets me use some unplayable skin no matter which one of the 11 that I select.

I have tried to set up my skins folder multiple ways using the many sets of skins that I downloaded.

currently, I have tried as follows:
    snes/skins/(multiple folders, RPGCLEAR and RPGNEW only have the two files in each, and then a "skins" folder which then goes to "touchpad")

I have tried moving RPGCLEAR and RPGNEW into several different folders, put them in the "touchpad" skin folder, put them in all of the "skins" folders, and they never show up.

I guess my question is, when you download a couple different skins files, how do you set them up? And if you add a new one, do you have to move out the old skins folder?

Following the advice here and just putting the unzipped folders into my "skins" folder does not seem to work.

I hope this made sense!
  5.    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by shupah View Post
    i love the skin! i was wondering, though, is it possible to move the buttons to the vertical center of the screen? having them down so low makes it a little hard holding the tp for a long period of time.
    Not a bad idea, I'm at work right now. I'll try to put something together tonight when I get home.
  6.    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by accameron View Post
    Ok guys, I need some serious help with this app. I have games that seem to work fine on my touchpad, and I downloaded several skins submitted for the touchpad on this forum. However, no matter how I set up the skins folder, when I get to the main menu on the app it says "skins11." There are then 11 skins which I used to be able to choose between, but now it only lets me use some unplayable skin no matter which one of the 11 that I select.
    The folders should be like this (* means folder)

*snes
    *roms (all the roms)
    *skins
    *skin1 (two files in this folder)
    *skin2 (two files in this folder)
    *skin3 (two files in this folder)
    Just fiddled with my rpg skin a bit. Made everything a bit larger for the larger-fingered users.

Should be pretty comfortable, let me know either way. Here's a shot of it:

Skin is attached.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    sledge007 likes this.
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ncinerate View Post
    Just fiddled with my rpg skin a bit. Made everything a bit larger for the larger-fingered users.

Should be pretty comfortable, let me know either way. Here's a shot of it:

Skin is attached.
    I was wondering if you'd be willing to release your 3 skins a bit darker, I love them (can't decide which I wanna use yet) but I can't see it on the train. If you only wanted to do one the bigger one is probably the one I'm leaning to.

Again thanks for the skins!
    Quote Originally Posted by Javalsu View Post
    The folders should be like this (* means folder)

*snes
    *roms (all the roms)
    *skins
    *skin1 (two files in this folder)
    *skin2 (two files in this folder)
    *skin3 (two files in this folder)
    Ok, I've already got it set up like this. When I run the program, I can't select any skins other than the "skins11" ones. Currently it is set up like this:
    skin1 -> (touchpad)->(two files in this folder)
    RPGCLEAR (two files in this folder)
    RPGNEW (two files in this folder)

How do I select different skins from within the app once it is set up right? Thanks!
  10.    #30  
    Ok, I've already got it set up like this. When I run the program, I can't select any skins other than the "skins11" ones. Currently it is set up like this:
    skin1 -> (touchpad)->(two files in this folder)
    RPGCLEAR (two files in this folder)
    RPGNEW (two files in this folder)

How do I select different skins from within the app once it is set up right? Thanks!
    Here is an image of what the folders should look like

http://i.imgur.com/s1FAr.jpg

With this there are two more skins added so you have skins(13)
  11.    #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by shupah View Post
    i love the skin! i was wondering, though, is it possible to move the buttons to the vertical center of the screen? having them down so low makes it a little hard holding the tp for a long period of time.
    Here is a skin with the buttons closer to the middle
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    I got snes for the touchpad, but didn't like any of the skins. So I made my own, and thought I would share it with you guys.

It's the first time I've ever made one of these so I'm sure there's room for improvement. Hopefully this will help out others.

It's pretty simple and straight forward.

I would like to note that all the buttons actually have a full circle radius, so the clickable area of the L & R buttons are larger than the image.

To add the skin.

1) Install snes from the HP app catalog
    2) connect the TP to your computer and look for the snes folder
    3) Create a new folder named "skins"
    4) Create a folder in "skins" with whatever you want to name the skin
    5) Copy the files into the newest folder.

6) play
    Actually I started using this skin instead I really like it! I was wondering if you could add the letters over the colored buttons?
    Here is an image of what the folders should look like

http://i.imgur.com/s1FAr.jpg

With this there are two more skins added so you have skins(13)
    LOL. Thanks a million man. Your suggestion helped slightly, but I'm still not there yet! I did this with three folders of two files each exactly like you suggested. However, on the snes app it now says "Skins(12)" instead of "Skins(11)", and low and behold there is I think one of the new skins from one of the two new folders I added. However, the other skin is still not to be seen anywhere.

Also, the "new" skin I have access to is one of those ones that look like an snes controller on the screen, but the actual viewing area of the game is cut off by the surrounding frame, so it's pretty usuable.
    ok another thing, it's not going to the skin that I select. I am so jealous of you people who can get this app to work right. I've set up my folders exactly how I've been directed here.
    this is a really good skin, but could you make one where the buttons (on the right) are a little bigger?

I keep missing the jump button when playing mario.
    This post is of my personal opinion and not that of my employer, its affiliates, or related partners.
    i'm having a few issues with my touchpad running the games. could someone help me out? i did google this.. and used this video as a basis to work off of.

so when i click on SuperNES, i'm able to get a list like that video shows, but when i click on any of the games, i get sent back to the homepage, as if i just closed all of the cards.

i did make a folder titled nes, and in that folder, i have two more folders.. roms and skins. i did get the roms from the info provided in that youtube video, but just can't get them to play. any ideas?
    LOL. Thanks a million man. Your suggestion helped slightly, but I'm still not there yet! I did this with three folders of two files each exactly like you suggested. However, on the snes app it now says "Skins(12)" instead of "Skins(11)", and low and behold there is I think one of the new skins from one of the two new folders I added. However, the other skin is still not to be seen anywhere.

Also, the "new" skin I have access to is one of those ones that look like an snes controller on the screen, but the actual viewing area of the game is cut off by the surrounding frame, so it's pretty usuable.
    Sounds like you've gotten the contents of two skins mixed up. I suggest deleting all the skins off the Touchpad and start over.

I had a similar problem with the skins not showing up. I had downloaded the ZIP file and copied it over to the TouchPad. I didn't extract the files from the ZIP file (in Windows 7 Zip files look like folders). Check to make sure you've extracted the files and not simply copied the ZIP file you downloaded.
    Quote Originally Posted by vinhisbored View Post
    i'm having a few issues with my touchpad running the games. could someone help me out? i did google this.. and used this video as a basis to work off of.

so when i click on SuperNES, i'm able to get a list like that video shows, but when i click on any of the games, i get sent back to the homepage, as if i just closed all of the cards.

i did make a folder titled nes, and in that folder, i have two more folders.. roms and skins. i did get the roms from the info provided in that youtube video, but just can't get them to play. any ideas?
    Try getting ROMs from a different source. I had the same issues with ROMs from some sites.
    Does anyone know of any reliable snes roms websites?
    has anyone tried this?

Fling Joystick for iPad

would love to know if this works with the tp. might make playing snes games more enjoyable.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast