Like Tree6Likes
  • 5 Post By cobrakon
  • 1 Post By Jawbox
  1.    #1  
    I don't know everything that was updated, but the biggest difference is the page turn animation. It now works in horizontal mode and it's a lot more refined. Page will bend at the part of the page you swipe... Top bottom or middle. Very polished look!
    Global Posts
    2,155 Global Posts
    thanks for the heads up. Although I can't get mine to "bend" the pages. It still blinks from one page to the next.
    Quote Originally Posted by wbdillworth View Post
    thanks for the heads up. Although I can't get mine to "bend" the pages. It still blinks from one page to the next.
    Have you tried going to Settings and turning off "Basic Reading Mode"?

The one feature I wish the Kindle app would have is sideloading.
    The page animation definitely does add a lot of polish to the app. Very nice looking now!
    yeah, that's slick, but when I saw the update I quickly got my hopes up for sideloading of non-DRM content
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    The page animation definitely does add a lot of polish to the app. Very nice looking now!
    Yes, pages are fully rendered now. Looks awesome and works awesome. Also proves....

WEBOS IS NOT DEAD!! APPS ARE STILL COMING AND APP UPDATES ARE STILL COMING!!

That is all...
    Cobrakon. I hear you and hope you are right. The only thing I would be cautious about is these updates were in progress. Also its kind of hard right now to believe anything HP says regarding the future of webOS. I dont think i'll believe them until I see a couple of OS updates and partner\license deal announced.
    Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SandraW View Post
    how do I force the kindle app to update?

one touchpad updated by itself
    but my other touchpad didn't update the kindle yet

thanks!
    To force the update just execute Software Manager under Launcher's tab Settings. When this program starts there will be a update button if any App Catalog program has an update.
    What version is the app? I haven't done any updates mine shows kindle beta 0.11.499820 but I already have page animations portrait and landscape.
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
    Quote Originally Posted by SandraW View Post
    However, Amazon Kindle has completely disappeared in the "Software Manager"
    menu. It's just not there anymore. I firgured I would just delete it from the
    Apps menu and reintall, but it would not allow me to delete Amazon Kindle there.
    Two out of three TP's in my family did not display Kindle in the Software Manager. I simply re-installed them from the App Catalog and all is now fine, presumably.
    Quote Originally Posted by miles4000 View Post
    Cobrakon. I hear you and hope you are right. The only thing I would be cautious about is these updates were in progress. Also its kind of hard right now to believe anything HP says regarding the future of webOS. I dont think i'll believe them until I see a couple of OS updates and partner\license deal announced.
    Well at least 15 apps or so were added AFTER the bomb drop by HP. That and devs have said they are seeing a massive uptick in app downloads and are pushing updates. Some are releasing new apps, others said they will "hold" but after the fire-sale, they should all be in high gear...
    I'm in the UK so this isn't in the catalogue for me, does the update allow you to use magazines/newspapers?
    Sandra - which VPN do you use? Is it 'StrongVPN'?
    Cheers.
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    One thought on the Kindle app. If you use it, drop a note through the Kindle app "Provide Feedback" I thanked the devs for continuing to support webOS and made a kind request to support loading mobi format books from my own collection.

Enough of this, especially from the wave of new touchpad owners, and maybe we'll see an update.
    Sukiyaki likes this.
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    damn, I thought I need to uninstall my beta copy to get the latest update, now the catalog says the app is not avail in my country :-(

how to use VPN in touchpad and which VPN should I use?
    I just discovered the "page turning animation" on the Kindle application for webOS.

I might be wrong, but no other Kindle version has that feature!

It actually follows your finger if you slowly move your finger from one edge across the page with an almost realistic animation.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums