Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 40
Like Tree11Likes
  1. Mike0627's Avatar
    Posts
    8 Posts
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
       #1  
    Hi, I'm looking for a bible for my touchpad. I've tried some of the downloads from the app store, but thought I could save myself a lot of time by posting.

    I am looking for an app that will have different versions right on the Touchpad (in case I don't have wi-fi). I'd like it to be full sized - not pre-sized. I wouldn't" mind paying per downloaded version but having on-line available; like in "You Version" bible. Annotated couple be good - integrated with an on-line Strongs, things like that ....or not

    Anything come to mind? Maybe something like a downloaded HTML bible with hyperlinks??

    Thanks

    Mike
  2. #2  
    Hi Mike, welcome to webOS.

    For offline reading on the touchpad in fullscreen there are 4 options.

    1. easy bible reader FREE- ESV online and KJV offline
    2. BibleZ HD FREE- lots, and I mean LOTS of public domain(read 100 years old +) translations available for free. I believe they have a few free modern ones too. All of them offline. All their translations are free for that matter. I do believe they have the ESV offline too.
    3. Simple Bible Pro $4.99 - As a part of full disclosure, I am one of the developers for Simple Bible Pro. It was originally designed for phones, but we have tweaked it to work full screen on the touchpad. So the interface is all single pane unlike the Touchpad based interfaces above. All of our Bibles are Offline only. We have about 5 or 6 public domain bibles for free. We also have a wide selection of modern copyrighted translations available for an additional purchase through Laridian. If you are coming from another platform and already own Bibles purchased from Laridian, you will be able to download them for no additional charge and use them in Simple Bible Pro. The interface is better than Simple Bible and it has many additional features too.
    4. Simple Bible - FREE - All bibles are free. There are 13 or 14 of them all public domain Bibles except WEB and NET both of which we have permissions for.
  3. Shepx13's Avatar
    Posts
    7 Posts
    Global Posts
    426 Global Posts
    #3  
    I'm totally hoping they make a tablet version of the "You Version". I love that on my phone.
    Mike0627, heyyu, Reavus and 1 others like this.
  4. #4  
    good to know they're are other Christians on here..BibleZ HD is the absolute best.too bad it keeps disappearing from the market :-(

    EDIT: The App is there! check it!best yet ..anybody else not seeing this awesome app on the market needs to update to the newest version of WebOs currently 3.02
    Last edited by MBGW; 08/27/2011 at 03:12 PM. Reason: Bad infomation
    11B1P and Jaggrey like this.
  5. #5  
    simple bible ftw!

    you can try the free version, but its my fav

    just waiting for the touchpad version of it and i'll be set
    @agentmock

    Audiovox SMT5600 (WM) --> Cingular 8125 (WM) --> Sprint Mogul 8525 (WM) --> Palm Pre (webOS)- --> Sprint Franken Pre2 (webOS) + 32gb Touchpad (webOS)
  6. 11B1P's Avatar
    Posts
    178 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,153 Global Posts
    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by frankos72 View Post
    Hi Mike, welcome to webOS.

    For offline reading on the touchpad in fullscreen there are 4 options.

    1. easy bible reader FREE- ESV online and KJV offline
    2. BibleZ HD FREE- lots, and I mean LOTS of public domain(read 100 years old +) translations available for free. I believe they have a few free modern ones too. All of them offline. All their translations are free for that matter. I do believe they have the ESV offline too.
    3. Simple Bible Pro $4.99 - As a part of full disclosure, I am one of the developers for Simple Bible Pro. It was originally designed for phones, but we have tweaked it to work full screen on the touchpad. So the interface is all single pane unlike the Touchpad based interfaces above. All of our Bibles are Offline only. We have about 5 or 6 public domain bibles for free. We also have a wide selection of modern copyrighted translations available for an additional purchase through Laridian. If you are coming from another platform and already own Bibles purchased from Laridian, you will be able to download them for no additional charge and use them in Simple Bible Pro. The interface is better than Simple Bible and it has many additional features too.
    4. Simple Bible - FREE - All bibles are free. There are 13 or 14 of them all public domain Bibles except WEB and NET both of which we have permissions for.
    I'll vouch for Simple Bible Pro. I had some difficulty getting the app to work (password bug) and then some minor trouble getting a Bible to download. BUT, once it did dwnld, the Bible looks good. And it has several features.

    They have awesome customer service! Every time I had a problem, they responded, day or night. And they are very pleasant to work with.

    I wanted an offline version and this one seems to be the best. At $4.99 it's a great investment and it supports our devs.

    even with the issues I had, I still recommend them.
    Rockbeast likes this.
  7. Mike0627's Avatar
    Posts
    8 Posts
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
       #7  
    FWIW I just took a look at the free version and liked it. Seems to be what I want. I went to download the full version and there is a negative comment there saying that the NIV was $24. Is that true. Wow... That's a boatload of money for en e-book - if it's true.

    I'll continue with my research, but if that's true, it's probably a deal killer. That's too bad., but thanks you for the quick response and for your attention. Peace.




    Quote Originally Posted by frankos72 View Post
    Hi Mike, welcome to webOS.

    For offline reading on the touchpad in fullscreen there are 4 options.

    1. easy bible reader FREE- ESV online and KJV offline
    2. BibleZ HD FREE- lots, and I mean LOTS of public domain(read 100 years old +) translations available for free. I believe they have a few free modern ones too. All of them offline. All their translations are free for that matter. I do believe they have the ESV offline too.
    3. Simple Bible Pro $4.99 - As a part of full disclosure, I am one of the developers for Simple Bible Pro. It was originally designed for phones, but we have tweaked it to work full screen on the touchpad. So the interface is all single pane unlike the Touchpad based interfaces above. All of our Bibles are Offline only. We have about 5 or 6 public domain bibles for free. We also have a wide selection of modern copyrighted translations available for an additional purchase through Laridian. If you are coming from another platform and already own Bibles purchased from Laridian, you will be able to download them for no additional charge and use them in Simple Bible Pro. The interface is better than Simple Bible and it has many additional features too.
    4. Simple Bible - FREE - All bibles are free. There are 13 or 14 of them all public domain Bibles except WEB and NET both of which we have permissions for.
  8. #8  
    Easy Bible. Left pane is the book. Middle pane is the chapter. Last pane shows the verses. Very "easy" to use.
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike0627 View Post
    I went to download the full version and there is a negative comment there saying that the NIV was $24. Is that true.
    The normal price for the NIV is 24.99, but please read on.

    The NIV is on sale for $14.99 until the end of August 2011. Just use the promo code NIVLC84 when checking out from Laridian.

    And now for the true story of the value behind the purchase.

    We, Bits of God Software, don't sell the Bibles, Laridian, Inc does. Laridian has a buy it once, use it forever policy. We have several users that bought bibles from them 5 to 10 years ago and were able to download those Bibles for free once our app became available. Right now they have Bible apps on webOS, iOS, android, PalmOS, Blackberry and windows mobile. I think wp7 is in the works.

    So, if you buy a Bible for use with Simple Bible Pro on webOS and then a year from now, dump webOS for an Android or iOS device, you can download PocketBible and then you'll have offline access to the same Bible for no additional charge.

    Also, we are starting to work on syncing of Bookmarks, Notes and Highlights with laridian. Once that is in place, you will be able to take those items with you to the next platform as well.

    As you can see the value goes way beyond, your initial purchase. One more note about the NIV on webOS. You only have 3 options for the NIV on webOS.

    1. YouVersion, which requires an internet connection.
    2. Kindle, I'm unaware of the prices, but keep in mind, kindle is a book reader, not a bible reader. It is not designed for quick navigation to Book CH:Vrs like our Bible readers are.
    3. Simple Bible Pro.


    For a complete list of SBP features Visit our website www.bitsofgodsoftware.com

    For a complete list of Bibles available for Simple Bible, visit laridians store for Simple Bible and webOS.

    BTW, we have a working version of our Touchpad version of Simple Bible Free. We are cleaning up a few things before we release it.
    65fastback likes this.
  10. #10  
    @frankos72

    do we have to download specific version on the laridian site for simple bible pro? just logged in and found my stuff from 2005 that I got for windows CE. reason i ask is like I have the ESV i bought, but if i add the webos version, it tries to charge me for it again.
    @agentmock

    Audiovox SMT5600 (WM) --> Cingular 8125 (WM) --> Sprint Mogul 8525 (WM) --> Palm Pre (webOS)- --> Sprint Franken Pre2 (webOS) + 32gb Touchpad (webOS)
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by 65fastback View Post
    @frankos72

    do we have to download specific version on the laridian site for simple bible pro? just logged in and found my stuff from 2005 that I got for windows CE. reason i ask is like I have the ESV i bought, but if i add the webos version, it tries to charge me for it again.
    for Simple Bible Pro, you do not download the Bibles from Laridian's website, but rather you download them inside Simple Bible Pro. So, you must first log into SBPro using the same userID and Password that you used to purchase the ESV from Laridian. Then, when our app goes to the downloads page, it checks your credentials and presents you with the Bibles that you "own."

    Please note, right now we only support Bibles, so if you have a Bible that came with additional content such as commentaries or dictionaries and that is not on the list of webOS Bibles then it will not show up for download in Simple Bible Pro.

    We are working on a fix for our Download problems. Once that is done, then we will move on to adding more book types into the mix.

    Jev
  12. #12  
    I have used Simple Bible since it came out. It worked great on my Pre, and works fine on my Touchpad.
    Last edited by Fisack23; 08/29/2011 at 11:11 PM.
  13. #13  
    two free bible versions on kindle
  14. twivey's Avatar
    Posts
    20 Posts
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    #14  
    Thanks Frankos72!

    I got Simple Bible Pro the other day. It gave me my 3 bibles I had purchased for my old palm pilot dating all the way back to 2002 and 1999. I moved them to my Palm Treo in 2007, and now have them on the Touchpad. Laridian really means buy it once.
    Last edited by twivey; 08/27/2011 at 11:49 PM.
  15. #15  
    there is a program called isilo that is in works for the touchpad and there is a great bible that goes along with it
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by frankos72 View Post
    for Simple Bible Pro, you do not download the Bibles from Laridian's website, but rather you download them inside Simple Bible Pro. So, you must first log into SBPro using the same userID and Password that you used to purchase the ESV from Laridian. Then, when our app goes to the downloads page, it checks your credentials and presents you with the Bibles that you "own."

    Please note, right now we only support Bibles, so if you have a Bible that came with additional content such as commentaries or dictionaries and that is not on the list of webOS Bibles then it will not show up for download in Simple Bible Pro.

    We are working on a fix for our Download problems. Once that is done, then we will move on to adding more book types into the mix.

    Jev
    got ya, thanks!

    another Q

    i was waiting for the enyo version of SBP. but, if I buy SBP now, will we get free upgrades when the new version is done? or will we have to purchase again?
    @agentmock

    Audiovox SMT5600 (WM) --> Cingular 8125 (WM) --> Sprint Mogul 8525 (WM) --> Palm Pre (webOS)- --> Sprint Franken Pre2 (webOS) + 32gb Touchpad (webOS)
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike0627 View Post
    FWIW I just took a look at the free version and liked it. Seems to be what I want. I went to download the full version and there is a negative comment there saying that the NIV was $24. Is that true. Wow... That's a boatload of money for en e-book - if it's true.

    I'll continue with my research, but if that's true, it's probably a deal killer. That's too bad., but thanks you for the quick response and for your attention. Peace.
    Simple Bible Pro is very nice and they appear to be commited to WebOS development. YouVersion has a nice app for the Pre, but not for the TP and from what I have seen, they don't seem to be interested in any further WebOS development because nothing new from them since the initial app.

    I don't think you will find any free downloadable version of NIV, so the deal from Laridain is good and probably the best you will get. Yes, there is bibles in Kindle, but I don't think you can navigate them easily like you can with an app.
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by 65fastback View Post
    got ya, thanks!

    another Q

    i was waiting for the enyo version of SBP. but, if I buy SBP now, will we get free upgrades when the new version is done? or will we have to purchase again?
    this is still up for debate. I wouldn't recommend waiting though. SB and SBPro are two separate apps. So while SB for TP is almost done, Pro will be started from scratch. Before we start Pro for TouchPad, we are committed to some more improvements to the exisiting phone version of Pro. Our priority is currently, fix downloads, sync user data, multistage the app(allow more than one page Bible to be open at a time), add support for additional booktypes, and then after that TP specific UI. We are bringing in 3rd person to our team to help and so the first 3 items on that list are being worked on at the same time. But still that's a lot to do before we start on the TP UI.

    on the bright side, the new dev environment for the touchpad seems to be more complete than Mojo was so developing for it is pretty quick once you know how.
    Last edited by frankos72; 08/28/2011 at 09:57 PM.
  19. #19  
    know of any coupon codes for the NLT on laridian?
    @agentmock

    Audiovox SMT5600 (WM) --> Cingular 8125 (WM) --> Sprint Mogul 8525 (WM) --> Palm Pre (webOS)- --> Sprint Franken Pre2 (webOS) + 32gb Touchpad (webOS)
  20. toddreg's Avatar
    Posts
    57 Posts
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    #20  
    Are there any free NLT versions available anywhere to use with the Bible readers?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions