Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Hi all, is there way to download torrents to the Touchpad. I'm not sure if
    I'm asking the right question, I am looking for an app like uTorrent that will work on the touchpad and allow me to download movies etc directly - like I can on my PC.

I tried uTorrent for Linux but there we some issue or other... Maybe missing file - not sure. S I thought I'd ask here!
    thanks
    I know there is apps for the Touchpad that let you monitor and search for new torrents that are on remote pc. But not aware of any to let you download directly on it.
    are you trying to do this within webOS? urtorrent for linux just won't work with this OS.

for now all i know is no torrent client for webOS, your best bet is to do the Ubuntu installation, then install uTorrent for linux. But then, you'll be running Ubuntu and not webOS. A small price to pay if you wanna get it working.

I personally have not tried Ubuntu on a touchpad yet, so i'm not sure if its easy to do or even stable to use.
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    hmmm.... Looks like I'm basically out of luck.

I'm pretty surprised at the lack of self-sufficiency in the touchpad- need a PC to load a movie (and then it is fussy about formats) ... Things like that

arrow keys to help placing cursor while editing
    the stupid autocorrect thing...

Well this is all new to me so maybe I'm missing something
    Sorry about jumping on your post but can't start a new thread...but it is related. Is there a native solution for StreamTorrent for touchpad? Or is the Ubuntu mad the way to go? Really don't want to mess with some god-awful streaming remote server setup again. Football season coming up and would love to use my TP at work for this. (GO COLTS)
    Technically, if you're at home, you can mount your touchpad as a storage drive and choose is as the target for torrents. This really doesn't address your issue, though...Skylark, Kalemsoft's remote streaming server was extremely easy for me to setup...might be worth a try.
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SKYLARKBOY86 View Post
    Sorry about jumping on your post but can't start a new thread...
    <snip>
    (GO COLTS)
    No problem... Right up until that "GO COLTS" thing :-(

GO PATS!
    Quote Originally Posted by SKYLARKBOY86 View Post
    Sorry about jumping on your post but can't start a new thread...but it is related. Is there a native solution for StreamTorrent for touchpad? Or is the Ubuntu mad the way to go? Really don't want to mess with some god-awful streaming remote server setup again. Football season coming up and would love to use my TP at work for this. (GO COLTS)
    check your PMs broMontana