Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Rudy P.
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Looking for an app to quickly take notes and save them one by one for easy access. Any recommendations would be appreciated.
    TapNote looked pretty legit.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    Currently, I use pondNotes and that's fine. It syncs with Simplenote on web and with Noted! on my Veer. The sync is perfect and you can sort your notes by tag.
    For me, the best note-taking app on webOS.
    yellowhammer likes this.
    the app names "Notes" by inglorious apps is outstanding, not sure if a touchpad version is in the works.

backs up to google too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudy P. View Post
    Currently, I use pondNotes and that's fine. It syncs with Simplenote on web and with Noted! on my Veer. The sync is perfect and you can sort your notes by tag.
    For me, the best note-taking app on webOS.
    +1. pondNotes on the Touchpad, Noted! (from the same developer) on the Pre and JustNotes on the Mac allow access to my notes (in the cloud via Simplenote) with categories/tags on all my devices.
    I 2nd TapNotes which syncs your notes to Dropbox so you can access them anywhere.
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    Inglorious Apps has stated that they are bring Notes to the TouchPad.
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Palm III -> Palm V -> Viewsonic Pocket PC V36 -> Treo 650 -> Samsung i760 ->
    Palm Pre Plus -> Palm Pre 2 > Samsung Galaxy Nexus & HP TouchPad

Android 4.1 - Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    CM9 Alpha 2 Official Nightly w/WebCM9 0.4 - HP TouchPad

Twitter: @noseph47
    Any chance you can send me a copy of Noted!? I can't get it because I'm in Australia and HP Palm don't have a service to here. If possible, then send to qfeduchin@gmail.com. I can pay something. Many thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by feduchin View Post
    Any chance you can send me a copy of Noted!? I can't get it because I'm in Australia and HP Palm don't have a service to here. If possible, then send to qfeduchin@gmail.com. I can pay something. Many thanks.
    Hi,
    Noted! you can download the Beta also from the Preware. It works good.... I have a Pre3 and this is the only way for me currently to have it since it is not yet available for it in the ApCatalog.
    TapNote. the dropbox sync is awesome! I was using Typewriter Beta for a while... but sometimes it would lose my files. TapNote even tells you when there's a dropbox conflict and asks which one you want to keep! and it syncs semi-continuously... like onenote.
    WritePad is good if you only want to save on the TouchPad (can't even get files off via USB, as far as I know). TapNotes is really nice, though I"m not sure what it does if there's no internet to DropBox.
    I d love some easy exchange notes synch and editing. This way all my current notes are kept and backupped automatically on exchange server
    Global Posts
    564 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by migu_be View Post
    I d love some easy exchange notes synch and editing. This way all my current notes are kept and backupped automatically on exchange server
    PocketMirror will do that. There is a Notes application that goes with it (separate download but not an additional charge), also one for Tasks. At the moment it does not sync your calendar to the Touchpad (although it does if you have it for a WebOS phone) but that is supposed to be coming.
    Tx, but i guess u need to synch with outlook (on the pc) not the exchange directly ?
    Quote Originally Posted by MDsmartphone View Post
    the app names "Notes" by inglorious apps is outstanding, not sure if a touchpad version is in the works.

backs up to google too.
    +1....hope to see this updated soon! Very nice...
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!

Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    I'm really enjoying classicnote I installed from preware, I love the fact that you can have private notes. It's just like the old palm centro's memos app
    Quote Originally Posted by jdale View Post
    PocketMirror will do that. There is a Notes application that goes with it (separate download but not an additional charge), also one for Tasks. At the moment it does not sync your calendar to the Touchpad (although it does if you have it for a WebOS phone) but that is supposed to be coming.
    This app is almost perfect for what I need except your touchpad needs to be on the same network as your pc. My pc is on our wired private network and TP on our public wi-fi and I can't get pocket mirror to sync.
    Quote Originally Posted by blazer003 View Post
    This app is almost perfect for what I need except your touchpad needs to be on the same network as your pc. My pc is on our wired private network and TP on our public wi-fi and I can't get pocket mirror to sync.
    The latest versions of Pocket Mirror & CompanionLink can connect to the TouchPad with USB.