Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1.    #1  
    Hi,

    I recently just signed up here for some help.

    I have a windows live messenger account and would like to chat to my friends via IM. I got my touchpad yesterday and went into the "Messages" app and I tapped on "More Services" or something like that. It directed me to the HP App Catalog. It showed no results. Anyone know any apps out there. Also for the camera app. I am looking for one for my brand new touchpad. Thanks!
  2. #2  
    I dont know of any apps but try imo.im
    Its a web based app that links to skype/msn/etc

    Very good
  3. #3  
    I use agile messenger and have been pleased. You can use tbot/multiple participants for translations with agile. I also have mundu im, but prefer agile.

    Download the camera app from the app store, but check for the promo code so it will be free
  4. #4  
    if "camera for TouchPad" is not showing up in th HP app catalog for you, you might need to update to 3.0.2 68. You can check what version you are on in device info.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by kyleprettyman View Post
    if "camera for TouchPad" is not showing up in th HP app catalog for you, you might need to update to 3.0.2 68. You can check what version you are on in device info.
    I haven't updated yet. But for the im advice, thanks!
  6. #6  
    Has anyone found out how to chat on Windows Live Messenger on the Touchpad? Many of my friends don't use Skype.
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by DivineArch View Post
    Has anyone found out how to chat on Windows Live Messenger on the Touchpad? Many of my friends don't use Skype.
    Do they use GTalk?

    I don't know but I find myself using MSN less and less these days.
  8. #8  
    nope no gtalk.
  9. matchqq's Avatar
    Posts
    290 Posts
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    #9  
    I found mundu IM's description says that support MSN, but the reviews are very bad. Don't know if it works.
  10. #10  
    i tied chatroulette a web based video chat but the cam dont work in the browser
  11. #11  
    Not great, but https://skydrive.live.com/Handlers/WebIM.Mvc works. No video though.
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by touchpadaddict01 View Post
    Hi,

    I recently just signed up here for some help.

    I have a windows live messenger account and would like to chat to my friends via IM. I got my touchpad yesterday and went into the "Messages" app and I tapped on "More Services" or something like that. It directed me to the HP App Catalog. It showed no results. Anyone know any apps out there. Also for the camera app. I am looking for one for my brand new touchpad. Thanks!
    Hi! I have have the same question too! Did you find Window live messenger on the touchpad? (I just got my touchpad and I don't have friends who use skype, they mostly use Live messenger)
  13. #13  
    webOS Messenger does not natively support MSN. There are at least one or two chat apps that do (not Synergy plugins, so you'll have to search the catalog for them, I think one was mentioned earlier in this post). There are also many multi-messenger websites that work fairly well on TouchPad, some are suggested in here. I use meebo occasionally.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:

Posting Permissions