Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    i get all kinds of random characters like %$^ inside of punctuated words. how do I fix that.
    change encoding in preferences.
  3.    #3  
    change it to what??
    Global Posts
    316 Global Posts
    ePub really sucks

PDB and MOBI work quite well

I converted my wifes MOBI (Kindle ) to PDB for my mother in law
  5.    #5  
    thought i convnverted to mobi with calibre..will double check
    Global Posts
    316 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by postarrow View Post
    thought i convnverted to mobi with calibre..will double check
    New Calibre? Worked for me

But if its ePub to begin with? I have no idea then because it may have that gibberish to begin with then and you are just converting gibberish to gibberish
  7.    #7  
    actually, i changed the encoding and it all went away on my epub books..
    thanks again!!
    hopefully will be able to use adobe digital editions at some point.
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    Can someone tell me what should I change the encoding to, to prevent the gibberish? It is currently (by default) set as CP-1252 (Latin)
    Global Posts
    237 Global Posts
    That's what mine's set on and all my epub and pdbs look fine. Maybe it's this particular book you're viewing? Why don't you try the other encodings to see what happens? Start with UTF-8, then ASCII, then it's the foreign language ones which probably will not be what you need :P
    Quote Originally Posted by MicahDG View Post
    That's what mine's set on and all my epub and pdbs look fine. Maybe it's this particular book you're viewing? Why don't you try the other encodings to see what happens? Start with UTF-8, then ASCII, then it's the foreign language ones which probably will not be what you need :P
    nice tip,
  11.    #11  
    use ascII it cleaned things up for my e pub books
    where can I find free ebooks? Noob here with the ereader stuff.
    There's a bunch of classic stuff on Project Gutenberg. Or, if you're into science fiction/fantasy, you can try the Baen Free Library.
    Thanks Jophiel! Anywhere with newer books? I'm looking for books like Janet Evanovich, J.A Konrath, and the new 'the help' book. I like books with mystery, comedy, romance, thanks!
    make sure you are using the alpha version of preader. I had the same thing happen with the one from the app store. I found the beta, I think through preware, and it worked fine. no weird symbols.
    mobi is good but you cant read book over 10mb.. in preader so it useless
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    I changed the encoding to UTF-8 and was able to remove the gibberish.

Also, thanks for the info about preader alpha. I didn't know that there's a different version of preader in preware.
    preader native ( preware ) is full of bug ..
    yeah had it bug out last night. but otherwise had no problems. It also let me read the book I wanted to read.
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tjbarney View Post
    Thanks Jophiel! Anywhere with newer books? I'm looking for books like Janet Evanovich, J.A Konrath, and the new 'the help' book. I like books with mystery, comedy, romance, thanks!
    Check with your public library. Many libraries have ebooks for loan. We borrow from our library often for our Kobo readers. A combination of Adobe Digital Editions, Calibre (with a few plugins), TBTransfer, and Internalz, makes things very easy indeed.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast