Global Posts
    913 Global Posts
    is anyone developing a TouchPad app so I can play music from my squeezebox server?

Alan
    There is an app in the store which allows you to control your squeezebox. I don't think it has that feature but perhaps if you contact the developer it could be added.
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Angry Goat Software has an app call Squeeze control that will allow you to control most of the squeezebox devices. A fantastic app. They used to have an app called squeezeplayer that allowed you to use your pre as a squeezebox, but that has disappeared.
    Global Posts
    913 Global Posts
    No, what I need is an app that can connect to my squeezebox server and play music through my TouchPad

alan
    I registered just to post how you can do this on any device without a special program.

* On the device go to http://yourserver:9000/stream.mp3
    * Open up your squeezebox server control via a browser on a computer (or even your device / touchpad) at http://yourserver:9000
    * In the upper right corner pick the device in which you want to stream content to. In my case (for a laptop, touchpad etc) I selected "Mozilla 192.168.1.10'.
    * Make a playlist, press play.
    * It may take a bit to sync with the stream, but it will start up.
    * You can sync this stream with your other devices via the squeezebox main control menus.

Depending on your setup, YMMV. I personally have a Linux server (Ubuntu 10.04 64b) running both my audio and squeezebox server. I had the Squeezebox server installed on a PC/Win7 at one point with access to similar options.

As far as listening to your server outside your house - that's a whole different task technically. You could open ports via the firewall, set up an icecast server or more.

Hope that helps someone! Good Luck!
    Elevens beat me to it!

I wholly endorse AngryGoat's app, but you could also try the alternate skins for SqueezeServer's web UI, which do an okay job in a pinch. I don't think most people realize there's a touchscreen-targeted skin built in.
    Quote Originally Posted by hankbuddy View Post
    Angry Goat Software has an app call Squeeze control that will allow you to control most of the squeezebox devices. A fantastic app. They used to have an app called squeezeplayer that allowed you to use your pre as a squeezebox, but that has disappeared.
    Squeeze Control Player hasn't disappeared, it just hasn't been ported to the Touchpad. You can still find it in the Beta catalog for Pre/Pre+/Pre2.

It isn't available for the Pre3 either, because the interface doesn't scale to the bigger screen size. It functions just fine, but it's kind of hard to see what you're typing in the address box.
    --------------------
    Apps for webOS
    http://www.angrygoatapps.com
    Twitter: angrygoatapps