1.    #1  
    Are there any applications for the HP Touchpad that would allow video streaming from a device on a local network? On my laptop, I just go into the Network section and find the file, and it streams directly from my NAS; I'd like to be able to do that on my Touchpad, so I don't have to manually transfer every single video over USB.

Thanks in advance.
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    have you tried orb? i just found the instructions and its been the bomb.com
    ampache is one. Search the app catalog as there are probably a few others.
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Centreri View Post
    Are there any applications for the HP Touchpad that would allow video streaming from a device on a local network? On my laptop, I just go into the Network section and find the file, and it streams directly from my NAS; I'd like to be able to do that on my Touchpad, so I don't have to manually transfer every single video over USB.

Thanks in advance.
    http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...g-awesome.html
    is the tutorial for orb
  5.    #5  
    It sounds... imperfect. I want to stream from my Synology NAS, which doesn't run Windows and can't run Orb. I'd need to have an open laptop whenever I wanted to stream, then, which while possible isn't ideal. Any other suggestions?
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    Does your Synology NAS come with a built-in DLNA (or UPnP) server? If yes you could use BHomePro (works great for me and my Buffalo NAS). There's a trial version in the catalogue too.
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    kalemsoft will do that. It does cost money but it works really well
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    There's an app caled UPnP AV Player. It supports MP4, M4A, M4V, MOV, 3GP, and 3G2.
    grab the upnp player, then if your NAS doesn't support upnp for whatever reason, grab tversity or ps3media server. Profit.
    Twonky Video Server will work. It has it's own web page that any browser can explore files and play either, music, video or photos.

Works great, but yo will have to install Twonkey server on the PC or Linux box that contains the files on your home network

Windows version:http://www.twonky.com/products/twonk...s/default.aspx
    Last edited by warrenw; 08/28/2011 at 04:46 PM.
    are there any free upnp/dlna players out there?

paid apps aren't available in australia. not that i'm keen on purchasing apps anyway.

i've managed to use android phones for over two years without needing to purchase a single app.

EDIT: i should add that i want it to hook into my existing windows media server.
    +1
    I am looking for a solution (free app) for this too. The webOS community would do better with some free apps that come standard on other platforms such as a media app that supports streaming from home servers.
    Alright this is what I have figured out till now. The Touchplayer (free app) that can be installed via Preware is pretty versatile player that has played many file formats that I have thrown at it. It is also good at digging around the Touchpad file system to look for folders which contain media.
    What I am looking for now is a way to mount the NAS on the Touchpad so that the Touchplayer can see it to access the media files inside. Any help (easy tutorial on mounting NAS files) from senior Precentral members would be a great.
    Thanks,