Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes
  1.    #1  
    The work of webOS continues

As the next chapter of webOS is being written before our eyes, you don’t have to look very far to see that the developer community and our app ecosystem continue to march on with enthusiasm and momentum. TouchPads have been selling out the past few days – and we’re thrilled to see that many developers have benefited significantly; seeing huge increases in app downloads. Plus, our webOS Developers continue to make important updates available such as Amazon Kindle this week and Quickoffice HD, due early next week.
    Richard Kerris had recently stated that the Quickoffice HD update was coming this week but next week works for me just fine.
    Hopefully the update for the kindle will allow side loading...
    I noticed there is a Kindle Beta app in the app store that had a last update of 8/26/11. Has anybody noticed any difference?
    I just saw this update too though I haven't tried side loading since updating....
    Mike0627 likes this.
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    When they say quickoffice, are we talking about being to edit!? That'd be exciting, I got the TP thinking I'd port iOS on it (cause I already have a xoom) but I'm really digging webOS and really thinking I may keep it!! So far, thing is sweet!!
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    I got the Kindle app update. It cured my dim screen. It still doesn't allow side loading. I got a notification and updated in the usual manner.
    Where's the page animations?
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    Richard Kerris had recently stated that the Quickoffice HD update was coming this week but next week works for me just fine.
    Yeah, it's not like we've been waiting for document editing ('coming soon') on webOS since June 2009 or anything.

I'll believe it when I see it, at this point.
    What does the import option do on the Kindle?
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    This aligns with how the TouchPad was launched in end of June...

Guess this is what they mean by +1.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by deesugar View Post
    Where's the page animations?
    From the main page of the Kindle app, go to "Settings" and then change "Basic reading mode" to "Off". You will now have page animations.
    Quote Originally Posted by techiegirl View Post
    It allows people to import books that they have obtained by other means
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazypinoy9 View Post
    Isn't that side loading? I can't import anything when I plug the touchpad into the computer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazypinoy9 View Post
    Isn't that side loading? I can't import anything when I plug the touchpad into the computer.
    It is "Import Collections". On the Kindle, you can group books you have purchased into collections so you view them all together, not intermingled with your other books. Like say you had all the Harry Potter books, you could put them into a Harry Potter "Collection". The "Import Collections" menu item imports that grouping setting so you can view your books as collections. It does not allow for side loading.
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    It imports your collections. If you use collections on your kindle or another device with the kindle app, it will organize your books into the same collections on the TP. It will only work if you have the same books downloaded on both devices and only with amazon books. It's a time saver if you use collections for amazon content.
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by philpeeps View Post
    It is "Import Collections". On the Kindle, you can group books you have purchased into collections so you view them all together, not intermingled with your other books. Like say you had all the Harry Potter books, you could put them into a Harry Potter "Collection". The "Import Collections" menu item imports that grouping setting so you can view your books as collections. It does not allow for side loading.
    Correct. See: Amazon.com Help: Organizing Your Kindle Content
    To import a collection from another Kindle:

1. Select "Archived Items" from the Kindle Home screen.
    2. Select "Add Other Device Collections" from the Archived Items page.
    3. Select the desired collection to import and select "ok" to confirm.

Note: Importing a collection from another device does not import the books or other items to your Kindle if they aren't downloaded already. However, books already on your Kindle that are associated with a collection will automatically appear under that collection name on your Home screen.
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    The only Kindle changes I noted were in page animations. They are more elaborate now, and work in both landscape and portrait mode. Previously, they only worked in portrait for me. Also, I am now having a problem getting to my library in portrait mode. Button is interfered with by title field. Works in landscape, though.
    Couple of things:

1. Obviously, the new QuickOffice HD app isn't officially in the store yet...unless it's hiding under an assumed name...

2. Kindle app for Touchpad issue - all the books I've downloaded from the Kindle store show up multiple times (like 6-8 times) in my library. How can I get the app to just show me one iteration of each book in my library?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by xanthorpe View Post
    Couple of things:

1. Obviously, the new QuickOffice HD app isn't officially in the store yet...unless it's hiding under an assumed name...
    It's not in the store, just go to Software Manager and you'll see it in your updates.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast