Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By neville1355
  • 1 Post By HelloNNNewman
  1.    #1  
    Do we need to buy Kalemsoft to watch videos on TP?
    -Posted with my HP Touchpad 32GB.
    no touchplayer is being developed but is still in testing, google it go find the thread which has installation instructions
    No. I just re-encode mine into .mp4 format using Handbrake (free program, or app if you want to call it that, for the Mac or PC) and then stream it from my WHS server using Orb or upload it via USB onto my TouchPad and watch it that way.
    The native video player works fine for me. I just re-encoded a couple BluRays with Handbrake, and they play fine.

Just launch them from the Photos and Videos stock application.

Touchplayer plays them, but I lose screen controls for some reason. No slider bar, but it allows me to fwd if I slide my fingers.
    get "touchplayer" from preware, its available for FREE
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by kkhanmd View Post
    get "touchplayer" from preware, its available for FREE
    Let's clarify something for people regarding touchplayer. While it's a great media player for the TP is DOES NOT play HD movies correctly right now. The developer clearly states this in his app description. So if you want to upload HD movies onto your TP then just convert the movie s to mp4 and use the stock media player.
    Quote Originally Posted by MISC View Post
    Do we need to buy Kalemsoft to watch videos on TP?
    I definitely feel your pain on this one as I had the exact same question. Download the demo version until touchplayer is released then enjoy the free avi goodness. Supporting the development community should not include a $7 ransom for basic functionality when people would gladly pay $1~2 for the same app...
    People shouldn't really complain about paying $7 more (on top of their $99 tablet) for xvid/divx/mkv support. Really.
    Developer of Ultimate Hockey, netSpeed, BatteryMonitor, The Ghastly Headset,
    netSpeed HD, St4rs and Matrix Exhibition
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Follow my webOS projects on my blog and follow me on twitter
    netwrkr9 and Frenzalo like this.
    and encode them at the touchpad's native resolution. Anything more is counterproductive.
    Quote Originally Posted by neville View Post
    People shouldn't really complain about paying $7 more (on top of their $99 tablet) for xvid/divx/mkv support. Really.
    Some people see the glass half full while others see it half empty, we have a lot of the latter in here unfortunately.
    It's only $7, and well worth the price. I'm grateful developers supporting webos, and have no issue paying for a stable, supported application.
    Lets get something else clear right now:

the ipad costs well over $500 and doesn't play any more formats out of the box than the Touchpad.

$99+$7 < $500.
    And on that note... members in this forum really need to relax. <<thread closed>>
    bevcraw likes this.