Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #1  
    I installed the facebook app, logged into my facebook account, but only see some but not all information. For example, some friends post daily but these posts are nowhere to be seen in the news feeds. Also, some friends photos are not visible. It's not a problem of secure browsing, as I have it disabled. I've read somewhere about friends needing to allow third party apps, but in that case the app is useless as most people are not going to bother changing their settings for the Touchpad.

Am I doing something wrong, or the app is really useless?
    yes this is useless. not even a chat option and horrible interface.
    -Posted with my HP Touchpad 32GB.
    Global Posts
    133 Global Posts
    Mike Dixon
    Software Developer
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    If it worked it would be great but now I'm in the habit of just loading the website. You can add it to the launcher to open like an app.
    RoverNole likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by rporonga View Post
    I installed the facebook app, logged into my facebook account, but only see some but not all information. For example, some friends post daily but these posts are nowhere to be seen in the news feeds. Also, some friends photos are not visible. It's not a problem of secure browsing, as I have it disabled. I've read somewhere about friends needing to allow third party apps, but in that case the app is useless as most people are not going to bother changing their settings for the Touchpad.

did you read the OP's post? I have the same issue. On the PC, I view a status update by someone, but on TP FB app, nowhere to be seen. Navigate to their profile on the TP and it shows nothing posted in 6 mos, but have tons and tons of posts in that period. It is a huge issue and needs to be addressed, Has been an issue since I was using my Pre+ back in Feb 2011 and never fixed.
  6.    #6  
    This does not fix the problem. As said in my first post I have secure browsing disabled. Thanks though.
    I am able to see only '25' photos from those that are added to my profile from my being tagged in other people's photos. There are hundreds of other pictures that I can see via the browser, but no luck thru the app. It is not a problem of secure browsing, as I have it disabled. In fact I have tried enabling > disabling, but no luck.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryan_ View Post
    If it worked it would be great but now I'm in the habit of just loading the website. You can add it to the launcher to open like an app.
    +1. This is what I do, also. The app doesn't show everything.
    my facebook app works just fine. Pretty slow loading. Prolly 3-4 seconds before everything shows up. Even when loading the comments. But it works fine for me. All the pics load. All posts and messages. Just slow. And all I did was download the app. Never messed around with any of the settings or anything.
    Global Posts
    440 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rporonga View Post
    I've read somewhere about friends needing to allow third party apps, but in that case the app is useless as most people are not going to bother changing their settings for the Touchpad.

Pretty sure this is the problem, and yes, at least for me, it renders pretty much all third party Facebook apps useless. At least a quarter of my Facebook friends never show up in the app (no status messages at all), while another quarter just don't allow photos to third party apps (which means their photo uploads don't show up in the app). What's the point of an app if you also have to load the webpage to make sure you aren't missing posts? It was a real breath of fresh air to switch from a Pre to Android just to have a first party Facebook app.
    Didn't notice til you said something. yeah some people are def missing from the TP app.
    Still think the app is slick as hell though.
    Yeah the facebook app is pretty much useless. It takes forever to load up, the photos are limited to the recent 25, messages don't work. The best way is to just use the browser since it does things very well.
    Also just noticed the same people who dont show up in my TP app also don't show up in my Pixi FB app. But they show up on my android tablet app.

hmmm, never noticed this before.
    Friendsbook app doesnt have those friends either. So maybe its the FB api they are using.
    A bunch of my friends show up with "No public photo albums" when i try to access their photos from the app. WOrks fine from the web.

I have a feeling this app was never completed.
  16. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    A bunch of my friends show up with "No public photo albums" when i try to access their photos from the app. WOrks fine from the web.

I have a feeling this app was never completed.
    I think that's due to a change in facebooks privacy settings this week - I think that if you go into your facebook account and turn off HTTPS security setting it should work again.
    Global Posts
    133 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by philpeeps View Post
    did you read the OP's post? ....
    Sorry, my bad.

I guess it's just broken, kinda like the messaging app, it doesn't work for AIM. My Facebook app seems to work.

Remember, webOS is GFL (Good F***ing Luck) software.
    Mike Dixon
    Software Developer
    The app doesn't let you access groups either.
    Global Posts
    115 Global Posts
    There are quite a few content/functional issues... It's really unfortunate because the app is sweet. I love the interface.
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    I suspect that it all comes down to HP developing the Facebook app rather than Facebook itself, so the app isn't blessed by Facebook to get updates from those people who have blocked 3rd party access.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast