Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By bmacfarland
  1.    #1  
    Hey devs! Dont flee webos just yet! You got a new million customers ready to download dem apps!
    I suggest we all post in this thread the apps that are missing on webos that we want to see coming!

-Netflix
    -Evernote
    -Tweetdeck and official twitter
    - Pulse
    - Music players
    - NYC mate
    - Soundcloud
    - Vevo
    - Youtube, Vimeo
    - IMDB
    - Flixter
    - Pandora
    - Google (Music, Photos, Earth)
    - Photobucket
    - Shazam
    - Yelp
    - Spotify

Give me just these apps and I'm good!
    There already is a Pandora application.
    IMDB, Google, Yelp, YouTube, official twitter, and Evernote - just use the browser and go to the appropriate website.

I'm with you on Netflix, though!
    Search the forums for how make Spotify work.

I think Netflix can be done with a PlayOn subscription. Not ideal, but it's a decent workaround.
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CannonFodder View Post
    IMDB, Google, Yelp, YouTube, official twitter, and Evernote - just use the browser and go to the appropriate website.
    We need more tablet optimized websites before you can make a statement like that.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by r-nice View Post
    We need more tablet optimized websites before you can make a statement like that.
    Exactly! I refuse to use non tablet optimized version
    I'm probably walking into this one, but what optimizations would you expect for a site like IMDB or Yelp.

Can you modify just type functionality for those? For example when I'm watching Austin Power or something, I just want to see who the actors are, so I could imagine some just type functionality where I type Austin Powers and then pick "IMDB" and done - faster than finding an app and typing it in.

(Note: I'm waiting for my first webOS device above 1.45 to be delivered next week, so I haven't used Just Yype)
    seito likes this.
    Global Posts
    397 Global Posts
    There are a lot of cool apps that could be made but I would give them all up for Netflix to work on the touchpad. That would be awesome.
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    How about ZodTTD's N64 and PSX emulators? They would be perfect on the TouchPad. Has anyone tried contacting him about them?
    Netflix, BN, Official Twitter
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CannonFodder View Post
    There already is a Pandora application.
    I'm going to have disagree on Evernote. The app on my old phone (windows mobile) was great. You could create a note by taking a picture, recording some audio, even hand writing (it came with a stylus). I browsed over to the website the other day, and realized how limited it felt in comparison.

I'll agree with you on all those other services though, the website is fine, and probably superior than most apps.
    stuff I'd like to see (not all inclusive by any means)

Nook
    TSN
    NHL
    Last edited by musick; 08/27/2011 at 11:00 PM.