Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
  1.    #1  
    Since Pre3 will not become available to non-Europeans and to most of the Europeans that own a Touchpad, I thought that maybe we could start a Bounty and attract developers in order to create an application (or even better integrate it to the stock applications) for the feature that HP advertised but only a few of us will have the chance to enjoy it.

In general the application/patch should have the following:
    *BT or Wifi/3g Pairing (or something similar)
    *Has to work with Synergy
    *SMS sharing with Android, iOS devices and WP7,BB
    *Calling from Android/iOS/wp7/BB through the Touchpad

This application can either include an app for android and iOS or just bluetooth pairing. For sure I know that using just bluetooth, you have the ability to get the sms list from other phones but I'm not sure how this can be done.

I'll start by contributing as much as I would pay for a Pre 3 :
    viper151 : 100$
    philpeeps : 25$ (Compatibility with iOS and WP7 and to work seamlessly like it is supposed to on a webOS device)
    gtkansan : 25$
    kaiguy2000 : 25$
    aeharding : 25$ (Has to be a passive patch. I love my iPhone and would love this)
    No1up : 20$
    VCI_Cell : 20$
    advocate2 : 20$ (I paid for BB and for Android. )
    PHANTOM_PAIN : 20$
    TheLastOne :20$
    mysterfix :25$
    ------------------
    Total : 325$

Please write in the comments any features or corrections you want and/or your bounty. It doesn't matter if it's small or big. Look after the pennies and the pounds will look after themselves

For developers: Please if you want to work on this project leave a comment here.
    Last edited by viper151; 08/26/2011 at 05:53 PM.
  2.    #2  
    No one is interested for an application like this???
    I would pay up to $25 for this if it works seamlessly like it is supposed to on a webOS device.

Need to have compatibility with iOS and WP7.
    I'd pay 25 also. Android.
    I also would gladly pay 25 for this. Just got my touchpad yesterday and am lovin it.
    Im not even sure if this is entirely possible. SMS will work with whatever update comes to the veer and possibly pre2. And on top of that, im not sure if it'd even be an app, but a mod to the bluetooth app to allow permissions from whatever phone you may want it to work with. On top of that, doing it cross platform makes it even more of an undertaking than it might be worth...
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by brennan7 View Post
    Im not even sure if this is entirely possible. SMS will work with whatever update comes to the veer and possibly pre2. And on top of that, im not sure if it'd even be an app, but a mod to the bluetooth app to allow permissions from whatever phone you may want it to work with. On top of that, doing it cross platform makes it even more of an undertaking than it might be worth...
    Even if it is just a bluetooth tweak even better then.
    That's why I wrote "application/patch" in the original post.
    What veer and pre 2 have to do with this though?
    shouldn't "freetether" from preware be a partial solution. I know it works with touchpad and supports wifi,bt,usb tether.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by igorv View Post
    shouldn't "freetether" from preware be a partial solution. I know it works with touchpad and supports wifi,bt,usb tether.
    Tethering is a total different thing. Tether is about sharing the internet connection not sharing sms and calls.
    I like it being exclusive for webOS. So, I hope no one makes it.
    Sprint Love
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by tooearly View Post
    I like it being exclusive for webOS. So, I hope no one makes it.
    That's mean :/ It's not like we all have the chance to buy a pre 3. Only a few of us/you bought one and for the rest of us sms sharing is just a dream. Why would you wanna do that??? If it was about porting android ok I could understand but this !! :/
    $25 here for iOS! Has to be a passive patch. I love my iPhone and would love this.

Thanks for posting this.

Anyone saying this shouldn't be created are ignorant, greedy, bratty and intolerant -- I think the Andriod porting is counterintuitive because everyone has webos. Not everyone has a Pre phone!
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    I'm in for $20
    I'd pay $20 for this, now that I'm not convinced HP will ever do it themselves.
    I'm in for $20. I paid for BB and for Android.
    Where do I buy!!!! I would be more than happy to pay $20 to pair the TouchPad with an Android Phone! Same features that were demo'd on the Pre3, answering calls, responding to SMS, and video chat!
    Last edited by PHANTOM_PAIN; 08/26/2011 at 05:09 PM.
    I'd throw $20 at a dev who got this working for Android natively.
    I'll throw in $25 for this added functionality.
  19.    #19  
    Any developer that wants to take a look at it?
    Having this work is slim to none. It most likely involves modifying a ton of files and a custom bluetooth driver which Palm creates themselves. Also, if you run into a single binary file or service, it's essentially worthless to waste time on.

It's wishful thinking to even think that we could get the Touchpad to sync SMS with current WebOS phones, but including other operating systems is out of the question. A better way to do this would be to have a complete seperate app that syncs SMS, email and whatever-have-you notifications between devices via data connection through a server.

The bluetooth driver isn't listed in the opensource.palm.com catalogue either.
    Last edited by Abyssul; 08/28/2011 at 06:50 PM.

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    viper151 likes this.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast