Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Anyone else tried installing the new ESPN ScoreCenter App? I've tried partial erase, full erase, full dr (phone needed it anyways) and still getting a failed install. Just wanting to check and see if its my issue or a possible app issue. Thanks!
    What device are you using? I tried on my Veer and got the same message.
  3.    #3  
    Pre2, i pulled the error logs using lumberjack, nothing helpful really :/

It's weird though, because there are 17 reviews of the app, so im assuming it had to work at some point in time... Bummer
    I have a VZ Pre2 running 2.1 and the app runs for me. I did install several days ago, I think right after I got the 2.1 update installed. I realize that's not much help.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by LetsGoRed View Post
    I have a VZ Pre2 running 2.1 and the app runs for me. I did install several days ago, I think right after I got the 2.1 update installed. I realize that's not much help.
    It at least gives us a semi-timeline of when it was working. Thanks for your input!
  6.    #6  
    had another person try installing the app from a sprint pre2, failed. Assuming its an app catalog issue. Does anyone who has the app want to let us know when an update is released to we can try it again?
    I just tried to install on my pre 2 and also got install failed.
    Tried several times on pre+ meta'd with 2.1 on VZW. This is the 1st app that has ever failed on install. I want it though. Really like scorecenter on ipad2.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    If anyone figures this out, I'd love to know. I've had this issue with a few different apps on both my Pre 2 and my TouchPad.

Since it is a recent occurrence, I was half wondering if the problem was on the app store end (e.g., corrupted downloads?), as I'm even getting errors ("This action could not be completed. Try again later.") trying to do simple things like look at the reviews on an app. Maybe HP isn't keeping up with the surge of new customers?
    I've been trying to download this app since last Wednesday Night (when I got my Veer).
    Proud owner of a TouchPad, a Pre3 and a Veer!
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    theres an espn scorecenter app? i have a pre minus and touchpad dont see it in the catalog
    Install failed for me also, I believe it may be an issue with the app itself.
    what espn scorecenter app. I just looked. I don't see one. Are you sure? An ESPN scorecenter app would be rather big news.
    You come at the king. You best not miss.
  14.    #14  
    There is an ESPN ScoreCenter app. I believe it might be limited to webos 2.x phones tho. As my brother who has a 1.4.5 pre- can't see it, and i can't find it on the touchpad either.
    Global Posts
    318 Global Posts
    I have tried to download it since this morning and every time it has failed.
    Tim Boche

Palm IIIe, IIIx, IIIxe, IIIc, ClieT615, ClieTJ25, ClieTJ37(2), Treo600, Treo650, Centro(AT&T & Verizon),
    Pre Plus(6 replacements), TouchPads(1-16gb,2-32gb), Pre2 (and a spare)
    I know this doesn't help with the issue, but honestly, you're better off not being able to download it. I got it the other week and it just felt like a sluggish, sloppy port. I went back to the ESPN mobile site and I'm much happier that way.
    I haven't seen it in the app catalog for my TouchPad (which is updated to 3.0.2), but I was able to install it on my Pre2 running 2.1. I think I installed it the say day that 2.1 rolled out for the Pre 2, which was the day after HP dropped the axe on hardware, and it ha run fine for me. Does anyone know when it first became available? I wasn't looking for it, I just happened to go to the "new" category of the app store to see what might be the last batch of new apps after HP's announcement and stumbled onto it.

You probably don't want to hear this, but it's a great app. It can be a bit slow at times, but otherwise is a very nice, customizable scoreboard (pick your teams to be shown up front, and pick what sports you are interested in scores for) with a scrolling news ticker at the bottom. Click on the score of a game and you get options like to follow it live (if it is playing) or see recaps/video (all that I believe is just grabbing that content from the ESPN mobile site, so stuff you can get to via the browser).
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by mjuliano View Post
    I know this doesn't help with the issue, but honestly, you're better off not being able to download it. I got it the other week and it just felt like a sluggish, sloppy port. I went back to the ESPN mobile site and I'm much happier that way.
    Were you running it with the stock kernel?
    Quote Originally Posted by brennan7 View Post
    There is an ESPN ScoreCenter app. I believe it might be limited to webos 2.x phones tho. As my brother who has a 1.4.5 pre- can't see it, and i can't find it on the touchpad either.
    well that f'ing sucks. but how come this isn't like on the front page. It's one of the biggests apps? at least to me. Maybe phone geeks don't like sports or something.
    You come at the king. You best not miss.
    Quote Originally Posted by SnotBoogie View Post
    Maybe phone geeks don't like sports or something.
    Wha???
    I see pandas.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast