Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #1  
    I just tried using the promo code for Glimpse and Camera I got a message "This promo code has reached its limit and is no longer valid". Is this problem unique to me?
    Global Posts
    218 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dcwenzel View Post
    I just tried using the promo code for Glimpse and Camera I got a message "This promo code has reached its limit and is no longer valid". Is this problem unique to me?
    Doesnt work for me either =/
    The original blog noted "Promo codes are available for as long as inventories last." However, most reports/posts neglected that important point.
    Global Posts
    218 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CannonFodder View Post
    The original blog noted "Promo codes are available for as long as inventories last." However, most reports/posts neglected that important point.
    Guess I don't understand how they could say they are "bringing all webos customers these free apps", and then put a limit on the codes of like 5 uses???
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    It was much more than 5 uses, probably more like 10,000 uses (if not more). Luckily I saw it last night when I was playing around with mine.
    And don't forget, they're still paying the devs even though they're not getting any revenue for the promos. It may be a reduced rate, but still .......
    I'm on the phone with HP Butler right now - all of the programs were charged to my $50 HP Credit (early adopters) account instead of allowing me to enter the new promo codes. There was no option for entering a new promo code, so it automatically took it from my $50 balance. I'm glad I caught that before I downloaded them all!
    darn. My tp is coming today I was hoping to grab these.
    There will be another app-pack giveaway in September!
    I am, therefore I think
    Got the Camera app last night (Thurs) and the promo code took. Didn't realize there was a limit to the number of times these promo codes could be used. Now we know.
    Their blog site did not mention a count limit for these code but I bet they had to set a ridiculous # for the use count but in same return their has been a ridiculous amount of new users that just came in last week
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
    Quote Originally Posted by addiarmadar View Post
    Their blog site did not mention a count limit for these code but I bet they had to set a ridiculous # for the use count but in same return their has been a ridiculous amount of new users that just came in last week
    They didn't list an exact count, but the official blog post did note the following in the fine print: "Promo codes are available for as long as inventories last."

Most of the reports/blogs reporting the offer neglected to mention this rather important point.

However, take heart! WebOS Roundup is reporting that they're generating new codes and that they'll be available soon!

HP Giving Out FREE "6-Packs" of Apps to ALL U.S. TouchPad Owners (UPDATE: More codes are coming!) | News, TouchPad |webOSroundup

The Official HP Palm Blog
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Guess I missed out this time but how do you apply codes so that I know for the next time?
    When you check out, hit the "Use Promo Code" button. Enter the promo code in the appropriate text field, then hit the "Use Promo Code" button below the text field.

If you have the $50 in free apps promo code (granted to early adopters) already entered, be careful, it will try to use that first. If not, then no worries.

Also, remember that you need to have an account set up with a credit card number, etc. or it won't let you check out.

Enjoy!
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    nice of them; shame they were limited in use; everyone i tried said the same :-(
    Global Posts
    398 Global Posts
    it makes me sad that I didn't have control of the App Catalog using my $50 credit, I thought the link had passed in their code. ggrrr
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    I got most if them last night all right. The bird one was a beyatch though: took about a dozen tries to install. (worth it though, family of birders here will love it)
    For those who already have the $50 HP credit promo code, you will have to clear out the HP code in order to use one of the new ones.
    glad I grabed all but the bird app last night. Have not been able to stop playing the Sparkle HD its VERY addictive
    SCK Manager
    Well, at least you guys aren't Canadian and got nothing .
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast