Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes
  1.    #1  
    Does anyone know if any developer has the green drop-down numbers like the screens in the Matrix when the touchpad is in exhibition mode? I think that would be awesome but I don't know how to do it myself or if it is already out there. Thanks!
    jasok2 likes this.
    Im sure all someone would have to do is make a clock app that does this and have the option to set it in exhibition mode. I dont think it has been done yet though.
    Back to webOS with my new Touchpad!!!
    Check Out My TouchPad Theme "Paint It Black" http://forums.webosnation.com/webos-...iew-black.html
    mstrblueskys likes this.
    there's a clock app for the Pre - I hope it gets a Touchpad version as it is rather nice to watch..
    mstrblueskys likes this.
    That would be a cool little app.
    Global Posts
    300 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mstrblueskys View Post
    Does anyone know if any developer has the green drop-down numbers like the screens in the Matrix when the touchpad is in exhibition mode? I think that would be awesome but I don't know how to do it myself or if it is already out there. Thanks!
    email the developer, I'd definitely want that.
    Pre 3
    HP touchpad
    Uberkernel running @ 1.5 Ghz
    I found a working HTML5 demo for something like this. Should be easy to simply copy the code and put it into an app (for free, of course).

I'll let you know if I can put something together today.
    Developer of Ultimate Hockey, netSpeed, BatteryMonitor, The Ghastly Headset,
    netSpeed HD, St4rs and Matrix Exhibition
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Follow my webOS projects on my blog and follow me on twitter
    mstrblueskys and doctj like this.
    Submitting to official app catalog now (that was easy!).

I had to reduce how many lines are being painted because the touchpad had a hard time rendering everything.
    mstrblueskys, Rnp and cclarion like this.
  8.    #8  
    Wow, that was amazing! Thank you!
    Global Posts
    300 Global Posts
    Neville, how long before it's approved for release by HP? Can you provide a download link ( I have preware installed) so I don't have to wait for catalog approval. Thanks!
    Last edited by doctj; 08/26/2011 at 03:42 PM.
    Pre 3
    HP touchpad
    Here you go:
    http://futurepr0n.com/depot/com.futu..._0.0.1_all.ipk

I think I may have found a bug where the app will still run in the background (even when exhibition is not up). You can work around this by selecting a different exhibition app (which will force the matrix one to close). I've posted in the developer forums and am waiting to hear back before updating.

With that aside, though, it does look good
    dj2005, yellowhammer and Rnp like this.
    I love the webOS dev (official and homebrew) community!
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Global Posts
    300 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by neville View Post
    Here you go:

I think I may have found a bug where the app will still run in the background (even when exhibition is not up). You can work around this by selecting a different exhibition app (which will force the matrix one to close). I've posted in the developer forums and am waiting to hear back before updating.

Installed, sweet!
    Pre 3
    HP touchpad
    Global Posts
    398 Global Posts
    awesome - great work!
    Quote Originally Posted by neville View Post
    Here you go:

Wow, I just read this thread a couple of hours ago and already something? That's pretty crazy. Thanks man.

There's no way to like display the weather or stuff like that is there? I use some exhibition weather app that displays the weather, and it would be pretty sweet if I could see the weather in matrix code.

(And be able to customize colors, etc...)
    Sprint Love
    mine imported from my Pre but it brings up the wrong time.
    Quote Originally Posted by casiouser View Post
    mine imported from my Pre but it brings up the wrong time.
    Same here.
    just finished up version 2 (although version 1 isn't in the app catalog yet). It should fix any problems with the app running dubiously in the background when unwarranted. I'll post a link directly to here when it's available. I'd strongly encourage anyone who has version 1 installed to install the new one.
    I just finished dl a Matrix clock app from HP app catalog. Is this something like what you are talking about?
    nope, my app isn't a matrix clock. It's called "Matrix Exhibition" and I don't believe it's in the app catalog yet.
    Anyone got a vid of it in action?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast