Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    Which printers can be "auto discovered" by TouchPad?

Are they limited ONLY to wireless printers? What about networked printers?

For example, one of my networked printer is the HP LaserJet 1536dnf. It could be "autodiscovered" by the iPad via AirPrint, but TouchPad can't discover it at all (very annoying, since it is a HP branded printer after all, and it supports both ePrint (HP protocol) and AirPrint).

Help? I suppose I can manually input the IP address, but I would still like to know why the auto-discovery did not work in the first place?
    I have an HP cp1518ni wired networkable color laser. After updating to the latest firmware, I was able to print from the touchpad easily. It was auto discovered. I'm not sure if there's a list somewhere detailing which printers are compatible, but HP did say that networked printers less than 5 years old should work.
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    This is odd.

Both my LaserJet 1536dnf (which is very new) and TouchPad's firmwares are up to date. Any other suggestion?
    How do you have your printer hooked up? Is it plugged into the router (like mine) or the computer? If it's only plugged into the pc, than I can see why the TP is not seeing it.

My printer is about 3 years old and can plug into my router or my pc.

My only other suggestion would be to contact HP.
    Last edited by scuba8781; 08/26/2011 at 03:49 PM.
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    My LaserJet 1536dnf is plugged into my Linksys E4200 router. No USB. AirPrint is able to detect the printer automatically on the iPad. TouchPad does not.

Quote Originally Posted by scuba8781 View Post
    How do you have your printer hooked up? Is it plugged into the router (like mine) or the computer? If it's only plugged into the pc, than I can see why the TP is not seeing it.

My printer is about 3 years old and can plug into my router or my pc.

My only other suggestion would be to contact HP.