1.    #1  
    I just set up the Touchpad and an app was purchased by mistake. It was Audubon Birds which was offered by HP with a coupon, but I just setup the account, and the person using it accidentally purchased it. The big thing is, the App doesn't even work.

I contact HP/Palm support and what they tell me is that they are sorry it doesn't work, and:

“Prices and availability of any applications are subject to change at any time. All sales of successfully downloaded applications are final and non-refundable.”

App was not successfully downloaded, shouldn't I be eligible for a refund?

Should a chargeback be filed? They are saying "no refunds" even if this doesn't work? Is this why Palm failed as a company? Is this why the HP Touchpad is on firesale? Because these guys are terrible at business? Why even require a credit card when you are trying to get free apps.
    Last edited by bkim84; 08/26/2011 at 02:26 PM.
    The mistake was you letting someone else try and purchase the app for free. I'm assuming they clicked on Purchase instead of entering the promo code.

Figure it this way, you just bought a developer lunch. Sounds like a chargeback is your only option. Just remember, it was your fault, not HP.
    Neil
    Handspring Visor Deluxe > Treo 600 > Palm Pre > iPhone 4s & Touchpad 32gb
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    The app works, it just takes awhile for it to load. I'm guessing because the servers were getting hammered last night. It has taken some people over 10 tries but they finally got it loaded.
    That is rather harsh to say, "It's your fault." When I was trying to use the promo code, I also accidentally hit the Purchase button instead of the Use Promo Code button, but managed to close out of the App Catalog before anything went through. The 2 buttons are really close to each other for those of us lacking precision finger-pointing skills.
    Quote Originally Posted by jazz0r View Post
    That is rather harsh to say, "It's your fault." When I was trying to use the promo code, I also accidentally hit the Purchase button instead of the Use Promo Code button, but managed to close out of the App Catalog before anything went through. The 2 buttons are really close to each other for those of us lacking precision finger-pointing skills.
    App Catalog (at least on phones) always asks to confirm the charge after you click the "Purchase" button, AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK. $I$ $don$'$t$ $know$ $if$ $this$ $has$ $changed$ $on$ $Touchpad$, $but$ $if$ $not$, $you$'$ve$ $done$ $2$ $consecutive$ $mistakes$, $not$ $one$.

But, as states the App Catalog Agreement Terms you signed before being able to make any download, sales are not-refundable. The same as in Apple's App Store, and they didn't failed, I think.
    Newness Developments apps:

6.    #6  
    Bunch of palm / hp nuthuggers.

When you make a mistake in the apple store, they refund you. There is no double confirmation on the store. Who asks you to put in a credit card number to use a promo code?

Also:

“Prices and availability of any applications are subject to change at any time. All sales of successfully downloaded applications are final and non-refundable.”

Source: http://www.hpwebos.com/us/company/app-tc.html#refunds

Technically the servers were overloaded so I was not able to successfully download it, and therefore should be eligible for a refund. Why are you guys so harsh?
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    Adding "Make the purchase buttons in the AppCat more disquingushable and bigger to prevent accidential clicks." to the TouchPad feature requests page. I agree, I noticed the buttons were close and took extra care to tap the one i needed. The buttons should be Green for purchase and Blue for Promo and they should be twice the size and split horizontally instead of vertically. It also dosn't help that the window moves around as the keyboard comes up and down.
    Look at this way, HP is saying we will sell you a 400 hundred tablet for 100 dollars and also, buy 1 app and we will give you 5 more free. Things could be worse don't you think?