Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1.    #1  
    I wanted to see if there is anyway to download the free books from the Library who use Overdrive as their program? I don't believe Overdrive has an app for webos.

    Thanks
  2. #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by ryan87500 View Post
    I wanted to see if there is anyway to download the free books from the Library who use Overdrive as their program? I don't believe Overdrive has an app for webos.

    Thanks
    I'm with you buddy. I want OverDrive too.
  3. #3  
    On my palm pre I was able to choose the .prc and pdf formats and read them via prereader. I'll let you know when I try it out.
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
  4. #4  
    There is an overdrive library program coming for Kindles, due before the end of the . (Check the Amazon Kindle forum). Hopefully, they will be also useable with the Kindle app here.

    There is a way for Kindle users to convert library books to the Kindle format which would also probably work here but I haven't tried it.
  5. #5  
    One of the single biggest voids in the HP programs is the ability to read borrowed library books. A port of Aldiko would solve the problem.
  6. rlb
    rlb is offline
    rlb's Avatar
    Posts
    25 Posts
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    #6  
    Can the library books be downloaded to a computer and then converted with Calibre and read with preader?
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by rlb View Post
    Can the library books be downloaded to a computer and then converted with Calibre and read with preader?

    Not legally.
  8. #8  
    The mobipocket books work. The adobe epub which require Adobe Digital Editions do not. Nor do the .wma audio ones which require the overdrive console. I don't know if the ADE can be integrated with the PReader or not, there is supposed to be a way to authorize devices. Adobe - Digital Editions : Help
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sukiyaki View Post
    The mobipocket books work. The adobe epub which require Adobe Digital Editions do not. Nor do the .wma audio ones which require the overdrive console. I don't know if the ADE can be integrated with the PReader or not, there is supposed to be a way to authorize devices. Adobe - Digital Editions : Help
    Whats the chances we can get adobe to add the touchpad to the list? I would think with a large user base now the community should have some ability to companies to recognize the touchpad.
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by ryan87500 View Post
    Whats the chances we can get adobe to add the touchpad to the list? I would think with a large user base now the community should have some ability to companies to recognize the touchpad.
    I don't know. The developer of PReader might be in the best position to contact them. I actually did accidentally get the epub files to read doing a search for webOS and epub. It was an old palm OS forum with a link to a 7 day software trial, it might be illegal so I won't post it. I had some nook books I had bought from B & N that shouldn't have been DRM protected which PReader said was, tho the software said wasn't. I'm not trying to get around library lending rules tho, so I hope kindle gets their update soon.
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
  11. #11  
    Right now, pReader supports eReader DRM (.pdb files from eReader.com, Fictionwise.com & BN.com). Support for B&N ePub DRM and mobi DRM are coming shortly. Adobe Digital Editions will not be coming any time soon, if ever since it is not open or been reverse engineered so the developer of pReader has no way to support it.

    If you've got other questions or issues about pReader, the best place to post them is the official pReader thread here: http://forums.precentral.net/webos-h...a-release.html
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sukiyaki View Post
    I don't know. The developer of PReader might be in the best position to contact them. I actually did accidentally get the epub files to read doing a search for webOS and epub. It was an old palm OS forum with a link to a 7 day software trial, it might be illegal so I won't post it. I had some nook books I had bought from B & N that shouldn't have been DRM protected which PReader said was, tho the software said wasn't. I'm not trying to get around library lending rules tho, so I hope kindle gets their update soon.
    The books you get from B&N (nook books) are going to be in one of two formats. eReader files have a .pdb extension & to open them, you need to enter the name & credit card number registered for your nook account. Newer nook books will be in the ePub format. pReader will be supporting B&N ePub DRM shortly. You can get your nook books all in eReader format now if you use nook for Mac (or a spoofed Mac) to download them - nook for Mac downloads them in eReader format by default.

    To get more help with pReader & the various formats, go to the official thread for pReader here: http://forums.precentral.net/webos-homebrew-apps/274511-preader-native-alpha-release.html
  13. rlb
    rlb is offline
    rlb's Avatar
    Posts
    25 Posts
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by advocate2 View Post
    Not legally.
    Oh, didn't know that. So is there both a BN epub DRM and a ADE epub DRM? I thought epub was epub. So basically the libraries use ADE epub and in order to read that you must have a reader that supports ADE epub? The Nook can be used to read it, so I figured what's the difference if it was converted to a format that the Touchpad(preader) can read.
  14. #14  
    Yes, ePub is ePub, but there are various DRM methods that can be applied to it. Usually the library programs use ADE because of it's expiring feature. If you can convert it (and strip the drm) to a format currently supported by pReader (search for it, it's not hard to do), you can read them with pReader. Right now, eReader DRM is supported and mobi DRM & B&N (nook) ePub DRM are coming soon.

Posting Permissions