Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    Hi...I am able to open my pdf in the reader, but I can't zoom in enough...there is about an inch and a half margin of white space on each side of the document, in landscape mode, and I can't see a way to make it bigger to take up that space. on the pc you can set a zoom level, and even zoom in wider than what fits on the screen.

Is there a way to do it on the touchpad? can't seem to find anything!

(I did a search here but didn't see anything on this.)

also - is there a way to get it into continuous page mode, like you can on a pc?

thanks much!
    Ron
    I think everyone else has the same problem. just got my new touchpad and am experiencing the same thing. I can't zoom in. I'm trying to view New York subway maps, but it only goes 1 zoom level and it doesn't sharpen.

Sad because my Windows Mobile 6.5 phone could do it, and also my nook color.
    Surely this will get fixed soon, the touchpad downloaded a PDF patch this morning, but still the landscape mode leaves a good inch on either side. The portrait mode zooms slightly more than the screen width still insufficient for complex PDFs like newspapers.
    When zoomed out, it also when you brush to the next page, it changes the zoom back in again. That is annoying.
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    I had a chance to play on a motorola xoom this morning, and pdf documents on there work exactly how they should on the touchpad! (which is to say they work the same way they work on a pc!)

you can zoom in (pun not intended ) multiple levels in landscape mode, and it does continuous pages - something else we can't do on the touchpad.

that alone is enough to make me think about selling the touchpad and getting a xoom - even with the difference in cost. actually, it's so cheap now I'm sure I'll keep it, but I sure wish it could work the same way on our tp's.
    I find the same problem. I download maps to the TouchPad and find that I cannot zoom into the maps.

Why did Adobe cripple this?
    I already wrote something in the other thread about Adobe Reader (maybe a mod can merge the two?), but I guess it won't hurt to post this here again:

I think everyone should report this bug to HP / Palm and Adobe as well, to bring a little more attention to this issue.

To write to HP / Palm use this link: Feedback & Feature Requests | Palm USA

To report a bug / request a feature to Adobe, use this link (make sure you refer to the HP Touchpad and webOS in your description): https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform...?name=wishform

Regards,
    Alphajoe