View Poll Results: Did the Audubon Birds App Install?

Voters
89. You may not vote on this poll
  • 3.0.0 and Yes

0 0%
  • 3.0.0 and No

0 0%
  • 3.0.2 and Yes

25 28.09%
  • 3.0.2 and No

29 32.58%
  • Uberkernal 3.0.2-22 and Yes

13 14.61%
  • Uberkernal 3.0.2-22 and No

18 20.22%
  • Don't care. The only birds on my TP are angry.

4 4.49%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Just using this to see if the problem is with the store or with the TouchPad.

Edit: I have UberKernal 3.0.2-22 and I was able to get it installed this morning.
    Last edited by bobsentell; 08/26/2011 at 07:47 AM. Reason: damn you autocorrect...
    Tried twice and it fails. Not sure why it keeps downloading again. It is .75Gbytes of download. Waste of time. What is going on?
    Sent via HP TouchPad using Forums
    I have tried at least 5 times to download and it always fails during install. I wonder if it works with 3.02?
    I'm sure it's because there's tens of thousands of people trying to install a 790MB app.
    I have 3.02 and it failed but I will try and keep you posted.
    Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

George Orwell.
    I'm on my fifth or sixth try...
    tried 3 times, it doesn't work. Its almost 1gb
    I bet the server is overloaded. Since I got it I won't have the program taken away from me.
    Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

George Orwell.
    It seems to download the whole file. Hang on installing and then fail.
    I'm wondering if the two who got it installed are running an earlier version of the AC?
    Tried three times last night and failed each time. Left the card open and this morning hit retry, it took a while but it is working fine.

I noticed the time during downloading this morning was a LOT less than last night.
    Last edited by oswego; 08/26/2011 at 06:29 AM.
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    Do not know about now but last week I used part of my early adopter $50 App Catalog to purchase Audubon Birds and it installed just fine on my 3.0.2 Uberkernel 1.5Ghz TouchPad. It takes a while to download and install, let it run and go do something else.
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Palm III -> Palm V -> Viewsonic Pocket PC V36 -> Treo 650 -> Samsung i760 ->
    Palm Pre Plus -> Palm Pre 2 > Samsung Galaxy Nexus & HP TouchPad

Android 4.1 - Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    CM9 Alpha 2 Official Nightly w/WebCM9 0.4 - HP TouchPad

Twitter: @noseph47
    Worked the 3rd or 4th time I tried. I'm running Uberkernel. I think the troubles are more server-side than client-side.

- Chris
    Could not get it to install last night and gave up after about 10 tries. Worked the first time I tried it very early this morning although not without hiccups. Took about 30 minutes and still had the "installing" message up. I tried to close the app store and it seemed everything was locked up. Then after about a minute a message came up saying installation failed. But lo and behold when I went to my downloads screen there it was. Opened it up and everything seemed to be fine.
    3.0.2 and install failed 2x last night at 1:00 am east coast time. But installed fine this am. It took a long time to install about 20-30 min.
    Quote Originally Posted by palmpre06062009 View Post
    Tried twice and it fails. Not sure why it keeps downloading again. It is .75Gbytes of download. Waste of time. What is going on?
    seems like server overload. didnt work last night. tried 7 times. worked right away this morning
    Sent via HP TouchPad using Forums
    I tried several times last night and no success. But then later this morning I was able to get it to install. I think there was an issue on HP's side - but I got it installed now
    I have uberkernel and it worked for me after the 3rd try (failed 2x last night, installed fine this morning).
    Global Posts
    369 Global Posts
    I have UberKernal 3.0.2-22 (if you're not overclocking, what are you waiting for?) took many tries last night and finally this morning it installed.
    Tried several times last night without success. Tried first thing this morning and it worked. 3.0.2
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast