Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Hi all,

I can't get to purchase any apps on the HP catalog. Get this message

"can't purchase the US govt prohibits HP from allowing you to purchase applications.

HuH!!! What did I do :-(
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Guys I'm gettin worried with this problem. Should I return the tablet, is it faulty?
    What country are you in?
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by razorsedge View Post
    What country are you in?
    UK m8.
    not exactly sure what the problem could be but are you running the updated HP Catalog by chance? there was an update posted today, maybe it'll solve your issue. Check your software manager.

Good Luck!
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazypinoy9 View Post
    not exactly sure what the problem could be but are you running the updated HP Catalog by chance? there was an update posted today, maybe it'll solve your issue. Check your software manager.

Good Luck!
    Hi,

I've checked app catalog version n its the latest I think at 3.0.5300 as I didn't receive an update just now.
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Weird, just arrived home n using WiFi with home bb(was on mobile net before) I got an update 5.0.1600. But still problem persists. I'll go to pc n upload a screenshot of the message I get.
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Two screenshots showing the messages.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    09:22 Connecting...
    09:22 Connected. A support representative will be with you shortly.
    09:23 Support session established with Lorena.R.

09:23 My Name: Hi Lorena
    09:23 Lorena.R: Thank you for contacting HP WebOs Customer Support. My name is Lorena and I will be helping you out today. Please take note of your session ID for future reference. It is Number here
    09:23 My Name: Have you received the message about the problem I am experiencing
    09:24 Lorena.R: Yes I did
    09:24 My Name: Can the problem be resolved?
    09:25 Lorena.R: From the description you provided I understand that you get an error message when trying to purchase an application,, is that correct?
    09:25 My Name: yes
    09:26 Lorena.R: I understand. I can help you with that. May I please have the serial number of your unit?
    09:26 My Name: Can I send you a PNG of a screenshot message
    09:26 My Name: ok let me get it
    09:26 My Name: Serial Number is: Provides Serial number
    09:27 My Name: Could you also explain to me why the error is happening?

09:27 Lorena.R has stopped servicing requests. Please wait.
    09:27 Support session established with Lorena.R.

09:29 Lorena.R: Hello. We seem to have been disconnected
    09:29 My Name: Yes I think we did. Did you get the serial number?
    09:30 Lorena.R: Yes. I will ask you for the exact error message sir. Please write it down here on the chat as the chat session will not allow me to receive any files.
    09:31 My Name: I quoted the exact error message before we started chatting
    09:31 My Name: But I'll write it done again.
    09:32 Lorena.R: Ok, it is the one in the problem description?

"The United States Government prohibits HP from allowing you to purchase applications."
    09:32 My Name: Yes thats the one
    09:33 Lorena.R: Ok
    09:33 Lorena.R: Give me just a moment please.
    09:33 My Name: and when I go to Preferences n Account I get this message below:

You can't set up an account. The United States government prohibits HP from allowing you to purchase applications.
    09:36 My Name: still here?
    09:36 Lorena.R: Ye I am
    09:36 Lorena.R: Give me just a moment please.
    09:36 My Name: ok
    09:39 Lorena.R: I am looking for the code on this error message sir. Just give me a moment.
    09:39 My Name: ok
    09:42 Lorena.R: Unfortunately I cannot help you right away. I need to escalate the case.
    09:42 Lorena.R: To do this I need some information from you sir
    09:43 My Name: ok go ahead
    09:43 Lorena.R: I need your full name, If you have a middle name that was not provided let me please have that. And also your home address.
    09:44 My Name: Why my middle name?
    09:44 My Name: I havent provided it to HP before why should I do it now
    09:44 My Name: Also I havent provided my address before why should I now
    09:45 Lorena.R: Because this has to do with information required by HP to process a credit card operation from a HP unit.
    09:46 My Name: Name
    09:47 My Name: Exactly what is the problem. This is weird asking me all these sensitive information that is required. Yet I am not informed of the exact problem and why its happening
    09:47 My Name: When I want to add credit card details I'll do it in my own, why provide it to you?
    09:49 Lorena.R: Sir, this is just what I am required to do if this error shows up when any customer tries to purchase an application. If I don't collect all these details I won't be able to escalate the case and have the issue resolved by that team.
    09:49 My Name: Name and Address provided
    09:50 My Name: any more info?
    09:53 Lorena.R: Yes, I need a phone number where to contact you once we have resolced the issue sir.
    09:53 My Name: Provides phone
    09:54 My Name: I also add that if when you call my Mrs answers the phone, I authorise her to speak on my behalf
    09:55 Lorena.R: What is her name?
    09:55 My Name: Gives name
    09:55 Lorena.R: Thank you very much.
    09:56 My Name: When do we expect a response?
    09:56 Lorena.R: As soon as we have an answer we will call you back sir. I cannot assure it will be today though, It will most certainly be next week.
    09:57 My Name: Ok
    09:57 My Name: thanks
    09:57 My Name: Any ticket number or reference?
    09:58 Lorena.R: Yes, the very first one I gave you sir, It is (Number here)
    09:58 My Name: OK thanks. I'll log off now and hope to hear from HP soon

Thats a live chat with HP support. Had to edit names, etc etc. Getting frustrated now.
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Update

Got a call and have been told this has been escalated further. It will be next week before I hear from them again. Gutted this is happening.
    Wow, that is fascinating. I hope it all works out.
    when you get a Tablet, can you not switch that you are in USA? buy product and then change location/region?
    Global Posts
    315 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by snowwhitie View Post
    when you get a Tablet, can you not switch that you are in USA? buy product and then change location/region?
    no because the credit card info and payment would be in British pounds non US address.
    I'm not here to criticize the Touchpad but to learn how to make it better.
    I hope it works out for you and they get it fixed! I have one app that will not install. It will download, but install fails every time. Contacted the developer (after reporting it repeatedly through the app catalog and being ignored by HP) and he said it sounded like a problem with the app catalog.

I chatted with HP and they were supposedly escalating the problem and was going to call me. Over 24 hours later and no call. So, hopefully your case turns out successful. For me, the app was 99 cents so it's not a huge loss, but I did not get what I paid for - a working app.

Hopefully they get the chance to get to the app store, as far as I know, you can only get apps that way (besides individual developers).