Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678
Like Tree37Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by fxspec06 View Post
    There are more codes being generated for the 6 that were released last week.
    Where did you read that? I haven't seen it stated that the more codes are being generated just for the last six apps. Please link?
    Quote Originally Posted by theclares View Post
    I'm not going to even look at the feeding frenzy that is slickdeals.net, but I can almost guarantee these codes got linked over there last night causing the masses to download everything they could get their hands on. Their threads on the Touchpad generated millions and millions of hits, and there is an entire (large) community of new TouchPad owners getting most of their information (and near instant access to pricing info) from that site. It would be nice to get a couple of these apps for free if and when they regenerate more codes, but we will again be competing with the new mass of discount frenzied new consumers.
    What's wrong with Slickdeals? I am more than sure the links got on there from some helpful person and isn't that the point? Share and share alike but if you miss out oh well? I like slickdeals, the members post some great money saving deals on stuff that is actually useful.

At least there are new TouchPad owners (myself included) and you are just going to have to keep an eye out for the new codes and try to jump on it when you can.

Name a single forum that doesn't have trolls.

You sound like you are upset because you didn't get any free apps this time around because all of us new TouchPad owners beat you to it. You just need to be fast on the ball and if you miss out, oh well. Life will go on.
    Quote Originally Posted by JediPriestess View Post
    Where did you read that? I haven't seen it stated that the more codes are being generated just for the last six apps. Please link?
    I honestly didn't post the link in fear of it being removed.

But here it is anyways......

HP Giving Out FREE "6-Packs" of Apps to ALL U.S. TouchPad Owners (UPDATE: More codes are coming!) | News, TouchPad |webOSroundup
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

Tailzy_Baby likes this.
    Hey All - I'm guessing just about everyone known ablut this - :

HP Offers Up Six Free TouchPad Apps | News & Opinion | PCMag.com

But - apparently, there's a limit to the use of the codes - but apparently - they were all used up fairly quickly. Any ideas if there will be more codes for these 6 - or wait - and jump quicker next time?

TIA!!
    I would assume you'll need to wait for the next set in "early September".

Despite there being "unlimited" quantities of an application, HP probably limited quantities of free pass codes because they're probably still paying the developers their cut. If you're taking a loss on theoretically infinite quantities of an item, you either place a limit on it or else incur theoretically infinite losses.
    <thread merged>
    Quote Originally Posted by Jophiel View Post
    I would assume you'll need to wait for the next set in "early September".
    That's not what has been posted at WebOS Roundup.

They're clearly stating that new codes will be generated for the first group of 6 free apps.

HP Giving Out FREE "6-Packs" of Apps to ALL U.S. TouchPad Owners (UPDATE: More codes are coming!) | News, TouchPad |webOSroundup
    Just missed it by a few days, would also like some more promo codes, and either way I'm glad to be back using my new TP 32gb picked up on Saturday. Sorli..
    Quote Originally Posted by Toasters View Post
    That's not what has been posted at WebOS Roundup.
    Sounds good then. I hadn't heard that (just the unhappy people who missed them) so I'm glad for those who'll get another chance
    Quote Originally Posted by JediPriestess View Post
    What's wrong with Slickdeals? I am more than sure the links got on there from some helpful person and isn't that the point? Share and share alike but if you miss out oh well? I like slickdeals, the members post some great money saving deals on stuff that is actually useful.

At least there are new TouchPad owners (myself included) and you are just going to have to keep an eye out for the new codes and try to jump on it when you can.

Name a single forum that doesn't have trolls.

You sound like you are upset because you didn't get any free apps this time around because all of us new TouchPad owners beat you to it. You just need to be fast on the ball and if you miss out, oh well. Life will go on.
    I have no problem with slickdeals at all. I am just making an observation that our limited community has been largely increased with people less obsessed with webOS and more attune to getting good deals and discounts. I've been a member of FatWallet for years and have participated in more than a few amazing deals.

Welcome to this side of the fence, and to all SlickDeals people who we can convert into webOS devotees and advocates.
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678