Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
Like Tree37Likes
    at minimum it should have been in waves because some people just don't have the opportunity to get the info at that specific time. I feel cheated in some form.
    Just want to add, you may not like it but its NOT, NOT, NOT a legal issue. In fact I DARE you to attempt to sue on that basis or even better create a class action. I would love to hear from you and how it turns out. I repeat its NOT a legal issue whether you like the limiting of quanities or not. Further more to even attempt to sue you would have to prove damages or inconvenience it caused you but not being able to participate in the promotion. Again looking forward to that injunction LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by clayclay350 View Post
    It's an app, you can't run out of copies...but you can run out of promo codes. And I highly doubt that if you were a total ***** that you could have become a lawyer.
    it is the coupon that is limited. Like saying the first 50 people through the door on black friday get an extra discount, or the first 10,000 fans into the ball park get a free coke.

now, I will clean up this thread one time so let this be the warning to all. Name calling and attacking other members is a violation of forum rules. So is arguing and trolling.

thank you
    Cantaffordit - well said.

I agree with you 10000000% when you explained it as a Black Friday-type event.

There are a ton of other applications out there that are free. The ones that they gave away are nothing compared to the ones you get with Preware. Just install that, sit back and watch the movie instead of complaining about not getting something because you were later than everyone else.
    Wow, the drama! LMAO!
    I managed to grab all but one of the free apps and I have to say that for me just getting the Sparkle HD made it worth it. Love that one. I am sorry for those of you who didn't catch the news about this but there will be other apps, perhaps even better apps. Just be glad you managed to snag yourself a TP in the first place! I have a list of customers who I am to notify if/when I see anyplace that has them in stock. No one is holding their breath though--hopefully!

Play nice!
    More codes ARE being generated.

Those of us that missed out, WILL get another shot at those free apps.

So says WebOS Roundup.
    We just got confirmation that the codes have indeed run out for now, BUT they are generating more and will be available soon.
    WebOSRoundup.com
    65fastback likes this.
    Toasters, I heard a rumor that HP is going to be including in the next patch a mini-kernel that will auto-detect if you were one that complained that the previous codes ran out and will do a factory reset on your touchpad and create a 24 digit alphanumeric password that you have to guess before you are allowed back onto it. I also heard that HP will not help you crack said password. Have you heard that rumor too? :P
    I'd give it a little more weight than a rumor.

Still, worst case, we missed out on a few free apps.

Whadd ya get for nothin'?
    I am glad to see HP supporting webOS in this way. I didn't get any of the free apps but I also didn't win the free concert tix they were giving away on the radio the other day. you win some, you lose some.
    I saw the posting but didn't realize there was a code limit. Figured I could come back AMD redeem any time before the Aug 31 deadline. Boy was that a mistake! They should have made the first come first serve aspect clearer.
    did you read above where it says "more codes are being generated"?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    did you read above where it says "more codes are being generated"?
    Can we confirm that the 'more codes are being generated' are for the six apps previously mentioned or are the new codes going to be for the six NEW apps they plan to give for free early September?
    I'm glad to hear they are making more codes, I was sorry to have missed out as I just got my TP today. Thanks for the update.
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
    The following may be of interest:

CAL. CIV. CODE 1770 : California Code - Section 1770

(a)The following unfair methods of competition and unfair or deceptive acts or practices undertaken by any person in a transaction intended to result or which results in the sale or lease of goods or services to any consumer are unlawful:

(9)Advertising goods or services with intent not to sell them as advertised.

(10)Advertising goods or services with intent not to supply reasonably expectable demand, unless the advertisement discloses a limitation of quantity.
    California Business & Professions Code

17500 Bus. & Prof. It is unlawful for any person, firm, corporation or association, . . . with intent directly or indirectly to dispose of real or personal property . . . , to make . . . any statement, concerning that real or personal property . . . which is untrue or misleading, and which is known, or which by the exercise of reasonable care should be known, to be untrue or misleading, or for any person, firm, or corporation to so make . . . any such statement as part of a plan or scheme with the intent not to sell that personal property . . . at the price stated therein, or as so advertised. Any violation of the provisions of this section is a misdemeanor punishable by imprisonment in the county jail not exceeding six months, or by a fine not exceeding two thousand five hundred dollars ($2,500), or by both that imprisonment and fine.
    so by stating in the advertisement "while supplies last" they did not disclose a limitation of quanity?
    Sorry, I'm not allowed to answer on the forum. I'll PM you.
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMikado View Post
    Just want to add, you may not like it but its NOT, NOT, NOT a legal issue. In fact I DARE you to attempt to sue on that basis or even better create a class action. I would love to hear from you and how it turns out. I repeat its NOT a legal issue whether you like the limiting of quanities or not. Further more to even attempt to sue you would have to prove damages or inconvenience it caused you but not being able to participate in the promotion. Again looking forward to that injunction LOL
    In re KENTUCKY GRILLED CHICKEN COUPON MARKETING & SALES PRACTICES LITIGATION - Google Search
    Quote Originally Posted by JediPriestess View Post
    Can we confirm that the 'more codes are being generated' are for the six apps previously mentioned or are the new codes going to be for the six NEW apps they plan to give for free early September?
    There are more codes being generated for the 6 that were released last week.
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

letstalk likes this.
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    I know some of you are frustrated but you guys are talking about legal technicalities? I'm saddened - HP has been offered this up when they didn't need to. Way to discourage future giveaways... With more codes coming its a non issue but I just wanted to pop that in.
    Palm V → TX → Centro → HTC Legend → TouchPad/Pre 3(UK) → HTC One X → Nexus 4/iPad Mini → Pre 3/TouchPad Go
    fxspec06 and jblather like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by fxspec06 View Post
    There are more codes being generated for the 6 that were released last week.
    Man, I hope so. I was actually looking into buying the Audubon birding app, but if this could save me $15, then sign me up!
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast