Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree37Likes
    Glimpse is used up....thanks anyway HP!
    Damn, if I knew there was a limited number for people, I would've only used the ones I definitely wanted. I grabbed Kung ** Panda just because it was free.
    Sparkle gone too! ;(
    Either way - I am thankful!
    Global Posts
    204 Global Posts
    mine says glimpse reached its limit and now stuck at purchasing....
    Quote Originally Posted by hawon View Post
    mine says glimpse reached its limit and now stuck at purchasing....
    Being stuck at purchasing is just a visual bug. If you cancel out of the purchase it does that. If you close and reopen the App Catalog you'll see it'll show the price again.
    That was very generous. Thanks! I wish I could have gotten glimpse. Too bad your a man of the badge and work nights!
    Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

George Orwell.
    I also can't install Audubon Birds. I've tried over 10 times! Each times it finishes the download and tries to install for a few minutes, then fails.

I've also tried restarting. Too bad, I was looking forward to it.

Great promo though. I think it's to encourage and remind us there are great apps/games out there. Also remind the developers that we are interested!
    Quote Originally Posted by jim_h View Post
    I also can't install Audubon Birds. I've tried over 10 times! Each times it finishes the download and tries to install for a few minutes, then fails.

Great promo though. I think it's to encourage and remind us there are great apps/games out there. Also remind the developers that we are interested!
    Just wait a day or two (or try downloading it at 3am or something like that). I'm sure the servers have been slammed.
    I tried impostah to get into the US App Cat. My problem is that I need to set up a CC :-[

Well, I hope they expand it to Europe! Seems like other countries are at least planned.
    Quote Originally Posted by FischOderAal View Post
    I tried impostah to get into the US App Cat. My problem is that I need to set up a CC :-[
    I wasn't interested in linking my CC to this either.

So, I had my CC company generate a virtual CC for me. It's limited to $10 and expires in a few months. This way if they lose any information, it's limited damage to me.
    Global Posts
    114 Global Posts
    ONLY KUNG FA left...
    I wasn't interested in linking my CC to this either.

So, I had my CC company generate a virtual CC for me. It's limited to $10 and expires in a few months. This way if they lose any information, it's limited damage to me.
    But money would still get subtracted from your bank account, right? I don't think there's a chance for me to get such an US-american virtual CC here in Germany :/
    Global Posts
    114 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jedinat View Post
    Lame, didn't see this until a little while ago and now it's all gone. Ha ha @ "as long as inventories last" in small little letters after saying they last 5 days. HP and their virtual inventory jokes...
    how does a digital product "run out"? - a code isn't an inventory, a code has uses. should have said until code reaches maximum uses.
    Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SRTpusher View Post
    how does a digital product "run out"?
    Exactly.
    Tailzy_Baby likes this.
    Stop nitpicking. Obviously HP only calculated a certain amount of money for this event. Bet it's an accounting thingy.
    Nice gesture by HP. I like that they are supporting the developers of innovative apps. I would have liked the Audubon and Glimpse Apps personally. Makes you wonder what the Pivot Issue for September will look like and what theme they use.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Damn, if I knew there was a limited number for people, I would've only used the ones I definitely wanted. I grabbed Kung ** Panda just because it was free.
    I agree. I would not have downloaded 'Kung ** Panda 2....' and 'Audobon Birds' if I knew they were limited, for I personaly have no use for the two. Ironicaly, the other four I already ahd bought, so this '6-Pack' was pretty useless for me. What is worse, is that I ended up preventing others from getting the two apps that I have no use for.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad

I have the exact same issue. I have literally been trying to install this for the last 'eight' hrs.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    Global Posts
    2 Global Posts
    Just got KungFoo Panda with the link. It first said "This is valid until September 1st". Thought it was just an error like the "not available/all used up". Clicked on the price and when asked again, said "use code". Then it didn't prompt for a code, so I was worried I was paying from my money. Receipt came in and shows "Billed to: Promo code".
    I used one of the links provided that include the promo code
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast