Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree37Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by WoodWulf View Post
    There was none displayed, just options to Purchase, Use Promo Code or Cancel after using the link in the blog. Selecting Use Promo Code immediately purchases and didn't prompt for a code. Since building the url works, it's all good.
    that's good, except I just wasted $5 of my $50 promo before reading this.
    IIIXE>Clie:N710C>N760C>NX60>Treo[600>650>700]>Centro>Pre+>Pre2&Touchpad 32GB
    webOS Themes: star-trek-universe star-trek-future Future Trek for Tpad

My CV: http://visualcv.com/egadgetguy
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    I kinda feel bad, but I tweeted back to them: @palm Not as good as #webos Pre 3 on #sprint, but thanks #savewebos
    Quote Originally Posted by kyleprettyman View Post
    I can't find the camera app either?

http://developer.palm.com/appredirec...cationid=10026
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    Anyone else having trouble installing the Audubon Birds app? I've downloaded it 3-4 times already and keeps failing on the install. XD
    Quote Originally Posted by DS3 View Post
    Is there a way to use promo codes without having your credit card in the device? It tells me to check out before entering and that prompts a card. Im not entirely sure what Im going to do with my touchpad yet (I have an iPad 2) and would rather avoid giving it my CC yet.

Granted Im sure its fairly easy to remove a card, Ill do it if I need to Im just wondering if there is a promo redemption somewhere.

edit: I tried with the URL method posted to avoid their other promo and it said not valid till sept 1, odd.
    Actually, it says it IS valid until sept 1.

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedBrkr View Post
    Anyone else having trouble installing the Audubon Birds app? I've downloaded it 3-4 times already and keeps failing on the install. XD
    probably because a lot of people are downloading at the same time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    I found that link..that was the easy part. Haha thanks for the reply. I could not find it in the app catalog. I found the issue. I had not updated fully to 3.0.2, after the downloading... it said my system is up to date but, when I check device info it still say's 3.0.0. I just keep trying to download it, hopefully it will fully download. I don't think the camera app is available for 3.0.0.
    same here...

Personally, despite likely not using them all, I downloaded them all!!! Since HP stuck it to the webOS hardware group, let's stick it to HP. Also, this way, more developers get money from HP from the promotion!
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Is the app catalog getting overrun? I was browsing, now I can't get it to load.
    Global Posts
    424 Global Posts
    same here
    Yeah, it keeps failing on mine, tried a reboot and still fails. Guess ill just wait and try again some other day.

Dr.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoodWulf View Post
    There was none displayed, just options to Purchase, Use Promo Code or Cancel after using the link in the blog. Selecting Use Promo Code immediately purchases and didn't prompt for a code. Since building the url works, it's all good.
    open the app catalog, click on random app, hit purchase, click "use code" it should error and say the code isnt valid. tap code and erase. exit app catalog and start over
    @agentmock

Audiovox SMT5600 (WM) --> Cingular 8125 (WM) --> Sprint Mogul 8525 (WM) --> Palm Pre (webOS)- --> Sprint Franken Pre2 (webOS) + 32gb Touchpad (webOS)
    I successfully downloaded and installed all but the Bird Catalog. It said that there was a problem installing it. It seemed to download just fine. It said:

Couldn't Install
    There was a problem installing the application.

I hit "Try Again" and it immediately says:

Unexpected problem
    App Catalog could not complete the last action you performed. Please try again later.

I just hit ok and went away. I'll try again later.

Now, when I look at the Audubon Birds app in the App Catalog, the green button says "Failed !" instead of the price. All I have to do is hit that to re-try. I guess it knows I already entered the promo code.

So, I tried again 2 minutes later by hitting the green "Failed !" button and it failed immediately again with the first ("Couldn't install") message. So I hit "Try Again" again and now it's downloading again.

I like how they make it simple to retry a failed install.
    Last edited by jblather; 08/25/2011 at 09:07 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by 65fastback View Post
    open the app catalog, click on random app, hit purchase, click "use code" it should error and say the code isnt valid. tap code and erase. exit app catalog and start over
    Nooooo!!! if you have the $50 promo code, it will subtract from that!!! use the url redirect. It's the only safe way.

Quote Originally Posted by SirataXero View Post
    Well, Europe gets the Pre 3 and we get 6 free apps. Seems fair...
    What about Canada...Singapore...Japan...and a few other countries in this big ol' world that are getting neither. Here in the US we typically get the first fruits of things webOS. We really don't deserve this. But the better thing would be if we all could get this 6 pack...without going to the gym. Wouldn't mind seeing the Pre3 spread around the globe too.
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

Quote Originally Posted by e-gadget-guy View Post
    Nooooo!!! if you have the $50 promo code, it will subtract from that!!! use the url redirect. It's the only safe way.
    if you ERASE the code....to where its BLANK, how is that going to subtract from that?

when I erased it and started over, it copied the correct code from the link for me. where before erasing, it kept my $50 code in there
    @agentmock

Audiovox SMT5600 (WM) --> Cingular 8125 (WM) --> Sprint Mogul 8525 (WM) --> Palm Pre (webOS)- --> Sprint Franken Pre2 (webOS) + 32gb Touchpad (webOS)
    Some of the issue with being released only in certain areas might be due to distribution rights or agreements?
    Quote Originally Posted by joen05 View Post
    Can we use the promo codes even if we have our $50 credit still? I'd rather not have it deduct from that if we can get it using other codes.
    Mine defaulted directly to my $50 credit I could not put in the 6pack promo code.
  19. Bo
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    @dgdonovan---

thanks for posting this, I would have never found it if you didn't bring it to light. Special thanks to HP for getting me some quality apps for free.
    Thanks! I just grabbed:
    Glimpse
    Kung ** Panda 2 Storybook
    Big Boss
    Camera for TouchPad
    http://forums.webosnation.com/members/stargate-albums-my-pre-picture960-moving-pre.gif
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast