Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree29Likes
  1.    #1  
    Okay, since the good people on the forums figured out how to get Hulu working (http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...-hulu-fix.html), lets see if we can get netflix working. It looks like we need to spoof the browser to say it is IE6, or Chrome, or something like that. I know that this is possible to spoof on the Pre- to think it is an iphone.

Also, there are apps on the Ipad web browsers that let you spoof IE and Chrome. This should not be that hard to do. Or maybe I am totally wrong. Does anyone know if this can be done because I don't think we will ever see a native Netflix app for the Touchpad. I would be willing to donate for this functionality on my touchpad.

Jacob
    netflix also needs silverlight to play video.
    Did you know I can also annoy you on twitter? @mikevember
  3.    #3  
    Silverlight, really. Okay, then nevermind. I thought they used flash. Move along. Nothing to see here.
    Global Posts
    115 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mikevember View Post
    This. Hulu uses Flash, hence why is played fine before they blocked the Touchpad, which in turn, was fixed with a spoof. There is no Silverlight on the Touchpad, so a spoof is not gonna help.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikevember View Post
    This!

Netflix isn't just about a browser/flash "spoof".

I believe it still plays some video in flash (I swear I read that around here but that could be way off).

Sorry I had tab loaded and got distracted, you guys beat me to it.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    Only way I got Netflix working was using the Playon.Tv method, video was pretty low quality and froze several times even though I was using Wireless N from router and laptop.
  7. SR1
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    This!

Netflix isn't just about a browser/flash "spoof".

I believe it still plays some video in flash (I swear I read that around here but that could be way off).

Sorry I had tab loaded and got distracted, you guys beat me to it.
    I don't believe netflix uses flash at all.

wish there was a netflix app upon release. The touchpad would've done much better imo
    Global Posts
    2,153 Global Posts
    I would rather see the community come together and bombard Netflix with requests for them to finish their webOS app.
    It would be worth it for Netflix to do it, bombarding Netflix with this many new users will surely help I say bombard away!

>i730>i850>i870>i880>ic902>instinct>pre>HTC Arrive
  10. SR1
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    I think you'd have more luck bombarding HP and convincing them to license out webOS so netflix and others have a legitimate reason to develop apps.
    What video codec does the Netflix app use on the iOS devices? It's certainly not Silverlight. If we can figure that out, there may be some way to spoof it.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by torifile View Post
    What video codec does the Netflix app use on the iOS devices? It's certainly not Silverlight. If we can figure that out, there may be some way to spoof it.
    You simply can't. Only Netflix can make Netflix stream on the Touchpad. No one else can. Period.
    Apps: MyQ for Netflix (Phone/TouchPad), Giantbomb (Phone), Excavate (Reddit/Digg clients for TouchPad)
    artitumis likes this.
    Android people modified netflix for devices that were not compatible but still android. I am sure they can port the iOS app as a PDK app pretty quick. Need some homebrew love. iOS doesnt have silverlight either
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by mosdl View Post
    You simply can't. Only Netflix can make Netflix stream on the Touchpad. No one else can. Period.
    That's loser talk, man! It may be that it's not possible to do but I think it'd be nice to try.
    11B1P, GreatCaesar and H_D like this.
    I currently use PlayOn to stream Netflix, and that works fine, but it would be even better if we could get the website to work in the browser since then it would work for more people...
    Three ways to fix it: 1)Get Netflix to make a official app 2) Port android or iOS app 3) get silverlight for webOS browser.
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by kkhanmd View Post
    Three ways to fix it: 1)Get Netflix to make a official app 2) Port android or iOS app 3) get silverlight for webOS browser.
    Option 4: Get the Chrome extension for Netflix in HTML5 ported to WebOS since it is linux based.

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    Touchscreens are a fad.
    I'm all for this
    Speaking of Netflix, why does the TP browser get redirected to the Wii home site?

Netflix - Unlimited TV Shows & Movies Online
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast