Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Like Tree29Likes
    Pete, there's an SOD fix from Dalingrin that completely fixes the SOD issue and boosts the battery life significantly. Check out RootzWiki for it, as I don't have the link handy.
    PlayOn works ok with BHome and TouchPlayer installed.. but not really well.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Global Posts
    270 Global Posts
    What do all of you think?

With the announced demise of Silverlight, Netflix will have to find enable another format. This leaves are big questions, how long and will it then work on other formats (ie WebOS).
    Global Posts
    465 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bs03 View Post
    What do all of you think?

With the announced demise of Silverlight, Netflix will have to find enable another format. This leaves are big questions, how long and will it then work on other formats (ie WebOS).
    Has there been an official announcement? Last I heard, it was just rumors. Even if they decide to scrap it, the rumor I heard was that it won't be until after the upgrade to Silverlight 5. Version 4 is out right now, so who knows how long it'll take for them to release it. The reason Netflix uses Silverlight right now is because of the DRM it provides. AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK, $there$ $isn$'$t$ $any$ $real$ $DRM$ $available$ $yet$ $for$ $HTML5$. $So$ $basically$ $until$ $that$ $happens$, $Netflix$ $will$ $stay$ $with$ $Silverlight$ $regardless$ $of$ $if$ $MS$ $is$ $making$ $updates$ $for$ $it$ $or$ $not$.
    Global Posts
    270 Global Posts
    From what I've heard, Windows 8 is Silverlight free. The official word is that they will stop upgrading it, but if Windows 8 doesn't have it, it becomes a matter of attrition.

I thought Netflix's problem was more about variable bandwith than DRM when considering other formats.
    DRM is of utmost importance because of the studios; they're worried about ripping video streams, piracy of said video dumps, etc.
    Global Posts
    270 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vanadium View Post
    DRM is of utmost importance because of the studios; they're worried about ripping video streams, piracy of said video dumps, etc.
    I guess I wasn't clear. It's not that DRM isn't important. I thought that they chose Silverlight because of DRM and variable rate. There are other choices but not that incorporate both.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345