1.    #1  
    Hi.

I'm the proud new owner of a TouchPad. Yesterday, I downloaded and installed an app that I didn't realize was not a "TouchPad" app (webOS: yes, TouchPad: no). This app doesn't use up all of the screen. It will only use a portion of the screen. How do I go about removing this app from the TouchPad?

Thank you very much.

-Neal
    Click and hold on the app you don't want. All the apps will change to show boxes and a little "x" in the top corner. click the "x" to delete. You can grab an app and move it while in this mode. Don't forget to click "Done" in the top left (under the time) when you are done.
    Palm M105--->Palm Tungsten T--->Palm Treo 650--->Palm Centro--->Palm Pre--->Palm iPhone4s (damnit)

Touchpad (launch day)
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    You can also remove apps through Software Manager. Just swipe the app you want to remove either right or left and you will be presented with a dialog box to remove the app.
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Palm III -> Palm V -> Viewsonic Pocket PC V36 -> Treo 650 -> Samsung i760 ->
    Palm Pre Plus -> Palm Pre 2 > Samsung Galaxy Nexus & HP TouchPad

Android 4.1 - Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    CM9 Alpha 2 Official Nightly w/WebCM9 0.4 - HP TouchPad

Twitter: @noseph47
  4.    #4  
    Thank you. I'll try when I get home.
    Quote Originally Posted by rburtz View Post
    Click and hold on the app you don't want. All the apps will change to show boxes and a little "x" in the top corner. click the "x" to delete. You can grab an app and move it while in this mode. Don't forget to click "Done" in the top left (under the time) when you are done.
    I don't know if this has been fixed but there was a bug where it was recommended to not delete in this manor.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Yes. You have to delete it from the Software Manager. Clicking the X only deletes it from the Launcher.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by SFHandyman View Post
    Yes. You have to delete it from the Software Manager. Clicking the X only deletes it from the Launcher.
    Thank you.

I didn't try this yet, but I trust you that it works!
    Global Posts
    913 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SFHandyman View Post
    Not true. If you press on the 'X', a dialog box comes up asking if you want to remove the app. It must work, because the app then isn't in the s/w manager and re-appears in the app catalogue as "Free" (if you downloaded it as a free app).

Alan
  9.    #9  
    Okay, but I did read somewhere else (don't recall where) about the bug with regards to deleting apps. Has this bug been fixed?
    Quote Originally Posted by alan sh View Post
    Not true. If you press on the 'X', a dialog box comes up asking if you want to remove the app. It must work, because the app then isn't in the s/w manager and re-appears in the app catalogue as "Free" (if you downloaded it as a free app).

Alan
    I believe the bug had to do with the database errors they were having, where it would completely wipe out a certain database.

Don't recall seeing this being fixed.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Pretty sure the issue related to deleting apps from the launcher was fixed in the 3.0.2 update.
    Quote Originally Posted by jcerwinske View Post
    Pretty sure the issue related to deleting apps from the launcher was fixed in the 3.0.2 update.
    I thought maybe, but I didn't remember for sure. Need to check the changelog.
    If I delete an app on the Touchpad does it effect my Pre? Does it remove it from my profile and therefore not allow me to put it on a new phone?
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Simply put: no and no.
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it".
    Voltaire, french writer and Philosopher, 1694-1778

French translator of UberCalendar, sconix's advanced patches, Twithibition, AuctionMate, Communities, Headlines 2, OrganizeMe!, Homebrew Google Maps, and many other webOS apps.
    I'm having issues with two apps since 10/2011 webOS update. I've checked the forums and no solutions. Could uninstalling and reinstalling hurt? Apps are Time mag and Kindle. Thx