Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes
  1.    #1  
    I honestly did not expect the TouchPad to have such good apps. Sure there aren't that many, but the ones we do have are GOOD!

Some great apps:
    AccuWeather (gorgeous weather app)
    Box (for 50GB of free extra storage space)
    Epicurious (stunning recipe book)
    Camera (lets you actually take pictures now)
    Spaz (AWESOME Twitter client)
    Glimpse (multitasking with a bunch of widgets, & works with Spaz)
    Advanced Browser (SO MUCH better than default browser)

Awesome games:
    Angry Birds Rio! (Gotta love the birds)
    Robotek HD (it's a visually stunning masterpiece)
    Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit (just awesome on a tablet)
    Glyder 2 (Looks great, easy to pick up and play)
    Big Boss (creative plot and just hilarious/awesome)

Any interesting apps or games you're in love with?
    Try Weather Dashboard. This updates your current temp, the days outlook and the evening weather right on your notifications bar.
    Is Glyder 2 updated in any way compared to the phone version, or just scaled up to the larger screen?

It was my favorite game on the Pre+. One of the only games on a handheld device that was as fun as playing a “full sized” game.

-Suntan
    Global Posts
    373 Global Posts
    Still missing alot of apps.....and I mean alot.

I am really impressed with the TP. Build quality is much better than expected.

I love my new TP but still can not compare to Ipad2.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by bignoze View Post

The iPad 2 will ALWAYS have more apps and a bigger ecosystem so I'm not going to even try to compare them. The price automatically makes the TouchPad a better buy though.
    laurelle likes this.

I hear this a lot. I would like to hear what apps people think are missing. Any time I've asked the answer is usually limited to, 'there's just not enough'.

I understand people want netflix and document editing editing. But what else??? More games? It isn't that much of a toy for me.

I know I want my bank to make an app for easy access.

I use Glimpse for a few things, especially RSS feeds especially now that it has a Google reader widget. I have a few games, some sports apps, and business solutions like Box, and Pandas. I also use Kindle, Accuweather, Facebook, music, adobe, Skype, WordPress and others.
    Sshhshshs!

Don't you know, its all about "quantity", not "quality" of apps!

Just ask any tech industry "expert".

"The more I learn, the more I realize just how little I really do know!" -Albert Einstein

GodShapedHole likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by indivisibletears View Post
    I hear this a lot. I would like to hear what apps people think are missing. Any time I've asked the answer is usually limited to, 'there's just not enough'.

I understand people want netflix and document editing editing. But what else??? More games? It isn't that much of a toy for me.

I know I want my bank to make an app for easy access.

I use Glimpse for a few things, especially RSS feeds especially now that it has a Google reader widget. I have a few games, some sports apps, and business solutions like Box, and Pandas. I also use Kindle, Accuweather, Facebook, music, adobe, Skype, WordPress and others.
    Coming from someone who bought this to put android on it, but may keep webos (at least until ice cream sandwich, or even longer), I will tell you about a few apps that I would like to see.

Some kind of Project management app, specifically one that can open Microsoft project files and save right back to them...

Nook

Netflix

I would like to try to draw with a stylus, but have found no apps to do so (this is not crucial as it probably wouldn't work very well)

I would have said another browser (or three), but it appears from the OP that there is another option here

some kind of text receiving app that would work with google voice.

My bank
    My investment company
    (though these two are taken care of by the browser's ability)

I am sure that there are more, but I can't think of them ATM.
    --------------------------------
    Can I make a website an app? Like can I go to my bank's website, save it as a favorite, then put that favorite in my "app drawer" so I can one touch it to go to my bank's site?

Also, I would appreciate support for bluetooth pairing with non-webOS phones.

Lastly, does anyone know if it is true that the HP BT keyboard ONLY works with the TP?
    Can any other BT keyboards work with the TP?
    br123 likes this.
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    The new TouchPlayer homebrew app lets you play video files in all formats! ^_^
    Out of curiosity, is the TouchPad the first tablet you've used?
    Global Posts
    331 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SpeedBrkr View Post
    Really? Then I can't wait for my Touchpad to get here! Ordered from HP and still waiting... .
    Global Posts
    373 Global Posts
    Slashtop Remote App
    Any news app, all we have is USA Today. NYTimes, BBC, ABC, Rurters, etc....
    Cable aps for streaming and control
    CNBC App
    The Economist
    Engadget
    American Airline
    Chase bank
    TD Ameritrade
    Ustream
    Control4
    Pandora

And yes games.....

And kids books that are read alongs.
    You can pair other bt keyboards to the TP. It won't be as efficient, since the TP keyboard has keys that are specific to the TP, but its possible. I've seen someone pair the apple keyboard with the TP.
    Global Posts
    373 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SpeedBrkr View Post
    wont install for me, just hangs in Preware.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drachen808 View Post
    Can I make a website an app? Like can I go to my bank's website, save it as a favorite, then put that favorite in my "app drawer" so I can one touch it to go to my bank's site?
    Go to the site in your browser, once there click the box with the arrow coming out of it just to the right of the address bar. Click 'Add to Launcher' in the drop down box that appears. This will put a bookmark icon in the favorites section of the launcher.
    GodShapedHole likes this.
    Spas doesn't count as a "quality" app for me.
    it has good direction but the lag and delays between each actions say not much else then "unfinished" and 'passable"
    I still use it though and appreciate its existent and the devs work though, just wish it could be better.

And before some of you guys put off iPad app store as quantity over quality and filled with just games, do yourself a favour and try one out.
    Try apps like Twitter for iPad, Elements, Garageband, Flipboard.
    There is an undeniable difference in both quantity and quality for the iPad.
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joshwithachance View Post
    I honestly did not expect the TouchPad to have such good apps. Sure there aren't that many, but the ones we do have are GOOD!

Some great apps:
    AccuWeather (gorgeous weather app)
    Box (for 50GB of free extra storage space)
    Epicurious (stunning recipe book)
    Camera (lets you actually take pictures now)
    Spaz (AWESOME Twitter client)
    Glimpse (multitasking with a bunch of widgets, & works with Spaz)
    Advanced Browser (SO MUCH better than default browser)

Awesome games:
    Angry Birds Rio! (Gotta love the birds)
    Robotek HD (it's a visually stunning masterpiece)
    Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit (just awesome on a tablet)
    Glyder 2 (Looks great, easy to pick up and play)
    Big Boss (creative plot and just hilarious/awesome)

Any interesting apps or games you're in love with?
    Are you sure you don't mean Undercover? Can't find Hot Pursuit on HP Apps.
    wont install for me, just hangs in Preware.
    It's hanging for me too. I was looking forward to it :-(
    Maybe I'm newb but i don't understand why people need an app for something that can be done easily in the browser. i just book marked all my accounts and saved my info and it is literally one extra touch than what an app would take.
    Quote Originally Posted by -BA- View Post
    Are you sure you don't mean Undercover? Can't find Hot Pursuit on HP Apps.
    He means Hot Pursuit

And to OP: Yep, this thing has some awesome apps

two in my signature if you want to check some more out =)
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast