1.    #1  
    Would like to access shares from my windows home server. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Yes I would very much like to access stored videos and music on my NAS. A Synology app would be awesome too.
    You need to load the Unstable Development kernel through preware. it works ... it supports cifs.

When I get up to speed in creating webos apps I'll create a file share mount gui
    no worries I am a linux gut so It will be a free app. I'm still learning how to develop code for webos. I modified the terminal app to go full screen, now I just need to comile the termplugin and I just might have a full screen terninal for webos. That's my first mission... a working terminal. Next I really want to see nmap on webos. The app is a linux app, should just recompile and the command line app will run, the I'm gonna work on a gui similar to zenmap ... after that .. then I want to connect to my NAS too!
    Quote Originally Posted by -BA- View Post
    Yes I would very much like to access stored videos and music on my NAS. A Synology app would be awesome too.
    +1
    I just verified that the TouchPlayer via Preware can play files directly through a samba share.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stryker412 View Post
    +1
    there is a member developing a synology music app called synomusic.

edit: http://forums.precentral.net/webos-development/291449-new-app-synology-music-player.html