1.    #1  
    Hi everyone,

I recently got myself a touchpad and subsequently tried to load some games onto it via the webOS quick install from windows. I loaded the ipk files and most installed ok but for some reason all 3D games that I tried to load have some sort of texture corruption and only show white as texture so you cannot play basically.
    I was wondering if anyone else had the same problem or is it just my touchpad?

Also, all the games run at full screen, not a single one runs in a window like I thought they were supposed to?

to clarify, I've got preware installed and all the recommended patches, though most of those patches are to prevent event logging...

so the list I've tried so far:

Need for Speed Undercover: texture corruption (aka white textures, makes it unplayable)

Sims 3: Texture corruption with ppls HAIR only, though cannot get past create character screen as the keyboard is missing (I assume its because the pre's all had hardware keyboards and hence Sims 3 does not have a built in keyboard and since the touchpad doesn't have one its basically unplayable)

Real Tennis: texture corruption

Asphalt 5: textrue corruption

NOVA: texture corruption

Rock Band: WORKS 100%!! (no 3D elements present in the game anyway)

Assassins Creed: texture corruption

I will update the list as I get more but it looks like all 3d games that haven't been made for touchpad are not working? Any thoughts on this?
    Were you side loading the games via quick install... aka you didn't get them from the app store? Just trying to paint the whole picture.

The keyboard for Phone emulated apps should be at the bottom as an icon you can click. I haven't messed with these games so can't help much. Other thought would be to check version of the games. If they didn't come from the store you can't be promised anything.
  3.    #3  
    Yes installed via quick install, they are not available from the app store!

Though if you believe various websites apparently at least Need for Speed Undercover is supposed to run fine on the Touchpad, yet it does not exist in the app store!

what about the whole fullscreen issue? I've heard that pre apps come as windowed on the touchpad, yet all games I've installed launch full screen and I can't even find the option to scale up or down?
    I know for a fact that you can get NOVA from the store....
    I believe PDK apps are a different story for fullscreen. I ran one of my apps I had on my phone and it went full screen. That being said there IS a version of Need for Speed in the store.

Also should ask where are you located? US or elsewhere?
  6.    #6  
    yep I'm in the UK - explains why you guys see these apps In the store and I don't. However it doesn't explain why there's so much texture corruption. Is it to do with quick install?
    I have the same problem--I have tested it on a number of Gameloft as well as EA games, and all have corrupted/missing/black & white textures (except for NFS Hot Pursuit). I tried installing via a number of methods and I have the same result. I remember somewhere that on some android tablets this particular problem (missing textures) had to do with the device name in build.prop, and something about the device cache...I don't remember now, but it may be related.
    Castles of Magic works, it upscales it so it looks like crap but it plays fine.
    What's strange is that that some games were working on my wife's TP, although I'm not sure about N.O.V.A or Dungeon Hunters (two games we bought). Now, I did see this in another forum:
    "Doesn't work on Touchpad. WebOS QuickInstall throws up an error and won't install. Installing it through Preware 'works', but the game is missing all the textures and artwork. You just get a bunch of white polys and it's unplayable." (Mobilism • View topic - Dungeon Hunter v1.0.3). I think this is referring to a pirated version of the app or whatnot, but we installed ours via the App Catalog (I'm pretty sure about this). The missing textures and a 'bunch of white polys' sounds very similar to what I'm getting.
    Dead Runner also works.
    hmmmm.....then maybe it is a gameloft issue? I know that galcon works now.
    there is an actual issue with old PDK-Games after the App Catalog Update :

http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...ease-test.html
    I've been downloading all the games I had on my Pre.

Works:
    - Galcon
    - No Gravity
    - - Wow, this looks nice on the Touchpad
    - Scrabble
    - Castle of Magic
    - Angry Birds Seasons
    - Paper Basketball Plus
    - Bubble Bash

Playable:
    - Angry Birds Rio
    - - Loads vertically upside down. Background is white. Otherwise very playable.
    - Rock Band
    - - Notes have weird slowdown, but timing isn't off.
    - Worms
    - - Loads vertically upside down.

Missing Textures:
    - N.O.V.A.
    - Hero of Sparta
    - HAWX
    - Modern Combat Sandstorm
    - The Settlers
    - Real Tennis
    - NFL 2010
    - Brother in Arms 2
    - - Also loads vertically upside down.
    - Shrek Kart

Games that load vertically and upside down (camera at bottom of screen). Buttons don't correspond to their icons, they are mapped to different part (Bottom-right corner?) of the screen.
    - Hockey Nations 2010
    - Dead Runner

Blank Screen:
    - Dungeon Hunters (White Screen)
    - Speed Forge Extreme (White Screen)
    - Slice It! (Black Screen)
    - Super KO Boxing! 2 (Blue Screen)
    - Mini Golf Wacky Worlds (Blue Screen)
    - Jump O'Clock (Blue Screen)
    - Glyder 2 (Blue Screen)
    - Guitar Hero 5 (Blue Screen)
    - How to Train a Dragon (Blue Screen)
    - Transformers G1: Awakening (Blue Screen)

Won't load:
    - Brother in Arms
    - Angry Birds (Doesn't really matter since HD is free.)

Loads upside down. In game the game screen is duplicated 10x. Buttons don't correspond to their icons, they are mapped to the top-right corner of the screen. Textures don't load. :
    - ExZeus Arcade
    - Sparkle

Just tried to load the original Angry Birds and my Touchpad crashed and rebooted. I'll update more later.

EDIT: Tried some more games. You can tell that games from the same company are suffering from the same type of problems. Hope these get fixed. Also, I bought a lot more games for my Pre than I previously thought.
    Last edited by deduce; 08/26/2011 at 06:09 PM. Reason: Added more games.
    Radiant for the phone works as well You don't need to buy the HD version, even though you should
    Quote Originally Posted by zchay7e View Post
    yep I'm in the UK - explains why you guys see these apps In the store and I don't. However it doesn't explain why there's so much texture corruption. Is it to do with quick install?
    Don't think you will be finding much help here with stolen apps.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    I'm only speaking for myself here but I got mine from the app catalog and had the same problem...however I can report that with the tips suggested in http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...ease-test.html, I did have some results.
    Quote Originally Posted by ja31 View Post
    I'm only speaking for myself here but I got mine from the app catalog and had the same problem...however I can report that with the tips suggested in http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...ease-test.html, I did have some results.
    I just got my Touchpad so I didn't even know these games use to work before the App Catalog update. Hopefully HP fix this issue soon.