Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1.    #1  
    I ordered a book from Amazon and it came into the Kindle app main page properly. I then opened and finished the book but cannot go back to the main Kindle app page. I don't see anywhere to remove or close the book. When I shut down the app and reopen it, it opens into the book again.
  2. #2  
    yeah i found that annoying too.

    tap the top of the screen, in the middle where the "spine" of the book is

    its a pain but eventually youll get buttons appear then you can go back.
  3. #3  
    I would still be interested in understanding if there is a answer to how to remove/delete a book from the touchpad? Does it have to be done from the web or is there a way on the TP?
  4. wv06's Avatar
    Posts
    74 Posts
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by miab View Post
    I ordered a book from Amazon and it came into the Kindle app main page properly. I then opened and finished the book but cannot go back to the main Kindle app page. I don't see anywhere to remove or close the book. When I shut down the app and reopen it, it opens into the book again.
    Tap the bottom middle of the screen, Then when the buttons appear on screen tap the Books in the upper left next to the title
  5. wv06's Avatar
    Posts
    74 Posts
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by AD_Pre View Post
    I would still be interested in understanding if there is a answer to how to remove/delete a book from the touchpad? Does it have to be done from the web or is there a way on the TP?
    To delete a book go to your library, then hold the book and select Archive book- The book data will be deleted and you will have to DL it again to read it if you archive it. The archive is just a placeholder to download it faster.
  6. #6  
    Sorry if I wasn't clear. What I want to do is actually delete the book, archive included. I downloaded a number of free books just to investigated and play around, but I don't want them cluttering up the display.
  7. wv06's Avatar
    Posts
    74 Posts
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by AD_Pre View Post
    Sorry if I wasn't clear. What I want to do is actually delete the book, archive included. I downloaded a number of free books just to investigated and play around, but I don't want them cluttering up the display.
    all you do is Click on "Amazon Kindle Beta" Drop down menu in the top left corner

    then click "Show" then click "Downloaded" opposed to all or archived

    Then it will only show your downloaded books only
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by AD_Pre View Post
    Sorry if I wasn't clear. What I want to do is actually delete the book, archive included. I downloaded a number of free books just to investigated and play around, but I don't want them cluttering up the display.
    If you want to delete a book from your Kindle account, then go to the Amazon home page, and at the top right, click on Your Digital Items. Under Kindle, click Manage Your Kindle, then find the book you want to delete, and select Actions on the right, and click Delete From Library.
  9. #9  
    Thank you Rattor, this is what I had expected and assumed, though I was hoping there was a method to perform on the TP.
  10. #10  
    Tap the uppermost left icon with lines. Then choose library that will bring you back to your library books

Posting Permissions