Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Hello my fellow webOS'ers!

Like many, I recently purchased a firesale Touchpad. Despite the sleek and user friendly OS, there aren't many apps especially for us artists. I have contacted Autodesk to inquire about the possibility of releasing a webOS version of Sketchbook Pro. Hopefully if enough of us express interest in Sketchbook for webOS, I would like to think they would be compelled to port the iOS or Android version.

Main Contact Emails:
    Autodesk's customer service: Autodesk - Contact Us - Customer Service Assistance or customersupport@autodesk.com
    Sketchbook Pro Support: SketchBook.help@Autodesk.com
    Chris Cheung Product Manager for SketchBook Pro: Chris.Cheung@autodesk.com

Edit: Here are additional links:
    Twitter: Twitter and Twitter
    Facebook: Autodesk SketchBook - Wall | Facebook
    Autodesk Sketchbook Pro thread: Area :: Discussions
    Official Sketchbook Pro questions and answer site: When Will Sketchbook Pro Be Available for webOS?

Edit 2: In the meantime, there are two nifty web apps we can use called Sumo Paint and Pixlr. In order to use them put them in fullscreen mode. For more info check-out this thread: http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...-ap-pixlr.html
    Last edited by xyerrie; 09/19/2011 at 03:00 PM.
    klx300r, gerzhwin and ice8lue like this.
    Do you find the capacitive stylus gives you the precision you need for drawing?
    I love the app on the ipad, perfect for a quick doodle a the back of math class, yep I want it on the tp
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    I would love to see Sketchbook Pro on webOS too. I've been using the Mac OS version for a bit and love it.

There would probably need to be a lot of noise to get Autodesk to port it to webOS. Hopefully PreCentral will run an article along the lines of "top 10 (or 20) most requested/wanted apps for webOS" with links to each app developers' customer service so we can all submit individual requests.

Think about how many people were looking for Touchpads this past weekend - so many that site after site was brought to it's knees from the overload of traffic. If enough of the individuals who managed to acquire Touchpads could be mobilized to convince developers to port apps to webOS, we all could potentially have a better variety of apps to work with.
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Poopyfist View Post
    Do you find the capacitive stylus gives you the precision you need for drawing?
    Unfortunately not. But for sketching ideas or concepts it's more than enough. I just wish HP made the Touchpad with an active digitizer (Wacom or even N-trig).
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Soper View Post
    I would love to see Sketchbook Pro on webOS too. I've been using the Mac OS version for a bit and love it.

There would probably need to be a lot of noise to get Autodesk to port it to webOS. Hopefully PreCentral will run an article along the lines of "top 10 (or 20) most requested/wanted apps for webOS" with links to each app developers' customer service so we can all submit individual requests.

Think about how many people were looking for Touchpads this past weekend - so many that site after site was brought to it's knees from the overload of traffic. If enough of the individuals who managed to acquire Touchpads could be mobilized to convince developers to port apps to webOS, we all could potentially have a better variety of apps to work with.
    I think that's a great idea!!! Perhaps we can contact the site admins to make it happen.
    I used the link and asked them if they'll be releasing a webOS version. I also just bought the iPad version (but that's my wife's tablet).
    Now I REALLY want this for the TouchPad.
    "Be excellent to each other!" -Bill & Ted
    I would love this also.
    Global Posts
    115 Global Posts
    Sent a customer service inquiry. Hopefully everyone showing interest in this thread is doing the same. Hopefully we start getting our voices heard by some of these popular app developers!
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by detection View Post
    Sent a customer service inquiry. Hopefully everyone showing interest in this thread is doing the same. Hopefully we start getting our voices heard by some of these popular app developers!
    Hopefully
    I am also interested in getting this good app to our TP
    ...failure is NOT an option!
    Message sent about app
    Hey guys, not my find but, until you get something like sketchbook pro, this works really great: Sumo Paint | Online Image Editor - use fullscreen mode!
    Sumo Paint is a good holdover while we wait for Sketchbook Pro. Also, check out pixlr.com; I actually prefer it to Sumo Paint.
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    finecismad and clayclay350 I forgot about those two! They certainly are good holdovers until we get Sketchbook Pro I'll update the original post.
    Quote Originally Posted by clayclay350 View Post
    Sumo Paint is a good holdover while we wait for Sketchbook Pro. Also, check out pixlr.com; I actually prefer it to Sumo Paint.
    Pixlr is good, but I find sumo to be smoother overall.
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    After getting the chance to play with both editors, I must also agree Sumo Paint is better for line art. Unless I'm missing something, it would seem pixlr doesn't have line smoothing. Perhaps its just my internet connection, but I seem to experience a very noticeable lag and lack of responsiveness for both web apps. It makes it hard to sketch. The Slashtop app (remote desktop) is another temp alternative that can allow one to work on Photoshop running on a remote computer. I'm not sure when that will be available though.
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    This was the response I got from Autodesk regarding a webOS version of Sketchbook Pro/Mobile:

Thank you for contacting Autodesk.

We appreciate your interest with the Autodesk Sketchbook Pro. At this time we still don't have any news regarding the availability of the software for WebOS. However, you may always check the community discussions online or you can also check our website for any product announcements or availability.

Area :: Discussions

We apologize for any inconvenience.

Should you have other questions regarding this case, please feel free to contact us by responding to this e-mail.

Best regards,

Kenta Harimoto
    Autodesk Business Center
    It's nice to know that there are other artists out there who are also just "starving" to get a professional drawing/sketching/painting app for the TouchPad. I really hope sketchbook pro comes out for TP. I'm holding off on buying a nice stylus pen until that happens.
    There is one solution that should work, and that is if we all work together on annoying the Autodesk CO by sending emails over and over. Requesting for them to make our dream come true.
    look at it psychologically, "when a little kid keeps asking his parent over and over to buy them something. The parent get so annoyed that they endup buying what the kid wants(if it is not to much$) just to shut them up." so let the requesting begin!
    Global Posts
    115 Global Posts
    I received the following:

Thank you for contacting Autodesk.

We do appreciate your interest in our products. Rest assured that we are forwarding your suggestion to the appropriate department. We do apologize that we are not able to provide you a concrete answer with regard to Sketchbook Pro version for webOS.

Please feel free to let us know if you have any further questions or concerns and we will be more than happy to assist you with it.

We would greatly appreciate any feedback that will help improve our services.

Have a nice day!

Best regards,

Arlin Bibat
    Autodesk Business Center
    HP Touchpad 16GB - webOS 3.0.4 - UberKernel
    Palm Pre (Sprint) - webOS 1.4.5 - UberKernel retired
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast