Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    @ Soper and detection: Thanks for updating us. Just today I received a correspondence that referred me to SketchBook.help@Autodesk.com. I'll email them and see what goes.

@Dan1k: I definitely agree about getting their attention, but in the same vain we have to avoid becoming overzealous to the point we end up on their spam/ignore list. As for a stylus, I would like that Wacom one for capacitance screens. I heard good things about it. The stylus I use now is some homemade concoction hehe.
    Dan1k likes this.
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    This is the reply I received today:

"Hi Ana,

Unfortunately, I cannot provide you with an official answer regarding future webOS support.

We have received several requests from other Touchpad customers and we continue to monitor the HP and webOS situation.

Thank you for emailing us with this request.

Chris"

I remain optimistic we will see Sketchbook Pro on webOS. However, from Autodesk's response it would seem the major obstacle in this is the uncertainly that surrounds HP and webOS. Keep sending out emails/messages/tweets/whatever to let them know we want our app!
    Quote Originally Posted by finecismad View Post
    Hey guys, not my find but, until you get something like sketchbook pro, this works really great: Sumo Paint | Online Image Editor - use fullscreen mode!
    How do you use fullscreen mode on the Touchpad? I can't use this because every time I drag across the screen, the web page moves with my finger!
    Quote Originally Posted by Growler48 View Post
    How do you use fullscreen mode on the Touchpad? I can't use this because every time I drag across the screen, the web page moves with my finger!
    go to: View>Screen Mode> Full Screen Mode.
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by clayclay350 View Post
    Sumo Paint is a good holdover while we wait for Sketchbook Pro. Also, check out pixlr.com; I actually prefer it to Sumo Paint.
    Better still, seeing as webOS is based on web technologies, wouldn't it be easier to get some webOS devs to work with the creators of Sumo Paint or pixlr to create a standalone webOS version instead?

There are some great web apps out there. I figure they could be a brilliant starting point to getting more native apps on Touchpads
    mistaox likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by lavo96 View Post
    Better still, seeing as webOS is based on web technologies, wouldn't it be easier to get some webOS devs to work with the creators of Sumo Paint or pixlr to create a standalone webOS version instead?

There are some great web apps out there. I figure they could be a brilliant starting point to getting more native apps on Touchpads
    I had the same thought. we should start a petition.
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mistaox View Post
    I had the same thought. we should start a petition.
    I thought it seemed like a pretty logical idea I notice Sumo Paint is probably a no, as its a Flash app by the looks of it. By Pixlr loads straight away, so it must be based on standard html/css/jsjsjs. $That$ $would$ $be$ $the$ $more$ $logical$ $one$ $to$ $petition$

** Just had a look at the source via Chrome, and it requires JSJSJS. $Its$ $an$ $Autodesk$ $website$, $so$ $who$ $knows$ $if$ $they$ $would$ $be$ $interested$. $They$ $do$ $also$ $have$ $it$ $as$ $a$ $iOS$ $and$ $Android$ $app$, $plus$ $an$ $extension$ $in$ $Facebook$ $and$ $as$ $a$ $Chrome$ $Browser$ $app$. $Worth$ $the$ $ask$ $I$ $think$
    Last edited by lavo96; 09/14/2011 at 07:49 PM.
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    And the further add to Pixlr, the panes approach of Enyo would be prefect. The first pane has the menu items that are normally at the top of the screen, second pane has the pallets and the layers functions, third pane is the canvas itself. So the first two panes can be pushed aside to reveal a full canvas when drawing etc., then revealed when needed.
    I also contacted them last month, and still not much info

Thank you for contacting Autodesk.

We appreciate each feedback of our customers and are happy to hear that Sketchbook Pro is of good use for you. Certainly we will forward your feedback and suggestion to the relevant department to look into it. Unfortunately we are not able to confirm when or if we are going to release a version for*WebOS use.

Should you have any additional questions or require any further assistance, please feel free to let us know.

Thank you and have a nice day.

Best regards,

Eileen Sumitomo
    Autodesk Business Center
    the best stylus out there right now is I think the "wacom bamboo stylus" is has a finer or rather smaller round rubber tip. For more accuracy. If sketchbook pro comes out... I'm buying it(unless a fine tip stylus that tablet pc's use that would be 100% accurate). I only have like $25 left from the $50 we got from HP. I a feeling that we will see some nice apps on Christmas. Lol or HP might just give all touchpad owners another $ gift code. ;D wouldn't be bad either.
    Last edited by Dan1k; 10/06/2011 at 12:46 AM.
    not being rude or anything but come on Autodesk even the ipod touch gets sketchbook! It just has to come out for the TP(unless Autodesk has something against WebOS. I mean why hasn't anyone seen it on the pre. Or maybe nobody was ever interested until the TP came out). Or autodesk just needs some time to change the codes to make it comparable for the touchpad. The price for it shouldn't be any higher than the iPads. Which is...(checking)...$5. Or maybe... Coral painter should get involved. Which I would imagine that the $ would be no less than $50 I guess we just have to wait.
    anybody up for app dev. edu.? ;D
    hey just to be sure. The touchpad app formats are .ipk right? Because I actually download sketchbook pro for iPad on my touchpad, and I was messing around with it a little but couldn't get the touchpad to run it. We also need for a webOS app dev. To developed "command prompt" for the touchpad. Then there would be more possibilities. Or better "powerSHELL"
    email sent off
    sent from my HP Touchpad OR AmigaOne X1000
    AmigaOS lives !
    I purchased sketchbook pro on my ipad. It is worth the effort to contact the developers. It is so intuitive and easy to use and the results are great!
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan1k View Post
    the best stylus out there right now is I think the "wacom bamboo stylus" is has a finer or rather smaller round rubber tip. For more accuracy. If sketchbook pro comes out... I'm buying it(unless a fine tip stylus that tablet pc's use that would be 100% accurate). I only have like $25 left from the $50 we got from HP. I a feeling that we will see some nice apps on Christmas. Lol or HP might just give all touchpad owners another $ gift code. ;D wouldn't be bad either.
    I've also heard great things about the Adonit Jot I use Sketchbook Pro on my desktop and my Motion Computing LE1600 tablet (Windows Slate, Got it off of ebay for $160). I absolutely love sketchbook pro. I think Autodesk and other companies are reluctant to develop for webOS due to all of the uncertainly that surrounds it (highly disappointed in HP, but that's for another thread). I would think it wouldn't be too much effort to simply port an existing version to webOS...but then again I'm not a programmer.
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    I too have been looking forward to a good drawing app like Sketchbook Pro. I can't believe they don't just try Palm's conversion SDK, I hear it is very easy to use. Thanks for the sumo paint info, that will hold me over. Pixlr has the same choppy brush response as all the current Touchpad apps.
    I sent an e-mail to Pixlr (for a native app) and got an absolute no. They said that there is no point in developing for a dead OS.
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    Ouch!

Harsh, but only HP knows how true that is!

Will be checking out all the apps/sites mentioned, thanks! I'm also looking for a sketching app to thumbnail comic pages before I script them...
    Treo 650 -> 680 -> 750 -> Centro -> Pre -> TouchPad
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by christo101 View Post
    Ouch!

Harsh, but only HP knows how true that is!

Will be checking out all the apps/sites mentioned, thanks! I'm also looking for a sketching app to thumbnail comic pages before I script them...
    Nuttybunny has come out with a note taking app that you can use to sketch. Here is the forum: http://forums.precentral.net/nuttybu...uchpad-28.html If I still had the touchpad I would get that app along with the Adonit Jot stylus. I hope that helps you out
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast