Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
  1.    #1  
    What's the best browser for the touchpad?

Does dolphin browser HD or Opera mobile exist? I have heard of Advanced Browser but from what I read it blocks the notification which sounds terrible. I need that. Are there any tweaks or patches that I don't know about, that allow tabs in the same window, etc.?

Thanks
    Currently, you only have 2 choices for the TouchPad. The stock browser, or the "Advanced Browser" available in the App Catalog which gives you tabbed browsing.
    advanced browser is about as good as the built in iPad browser and that's not saying much.
    I wish the Atomic web browser designed for the iPad was on the TP! Best browser for mobile devices ever made!
    can someone elaborate on "blocks the notification"? Does it go fullscreen?
    How do you do to completely disable the stock browser, and let the "Advanced Browser" be the only one, because right now when I click on some links in an email for example, it is the stock browser which opens.

Thanks
    apparently there is something in preware for that
    since my tp hasnt arrived yet and i'm new to webos are there browser options and which are the best?
    <<threads merged>>

Nychotxxx... you will find your answers in this thread
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stephan71 View Post
    How do you do to completely disable the stock browser, and let the "Advanced Browser" be the only one, because right now when I click on some links in an email for example, it is the stock browser which opens.

Thanks
    I would like to know this as well. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Currently, you only have 2 choices for the TouchPad. The stock browser, or the "Advanced Browser" available in the App Catalog which gives you tabbed browsing.
    Anyone knows if Firefox will be available for webOS ?

tx
    Does anyone know how to disable the stock browser?

I would love to use advanced browser along with "just type"...
    Global Posts
    487 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueGoldAce View Post
    Does anyone know how to disable the stock browser?

I would love to use advanced browser along with "just type"...
    Advance browser is the stock browser with a different skin and WebOS has no way to chose default apps which is really weird. Also advance browser does not handle flash as good as the stock browser. I don't understand why anyone would pay for advance browser.
    Does anyone know if there is a way to get a different web browser onto the Touchpad, other than the homebrew methods?

Apparently, Firefox is not available.

I do see there is an "advanced" version of the standard Touchpad browser in the App Catalog, but it is not free.

I want a browser that deals better with blocking imbedded ads. Something in the current browser doesn't allow me to play all flash webstreams (though it does play most of them).

I get the "application refused connection" on some webstreams. This never happens on my PC (also an HP, btw).
    Last edited by TouchMe79; 09/04/2011 at 12:34 AM.
    advanced is so much faster. Plus tabbed browsing win
    <<threads merged>>
    Just give me a browser that allows me to use watch.slingbox.com and I'll pay for it.
    installing ubuntu gives you access to chromium and firefox (but without a good flash experience according to those who tried it, check the tutorial thread on ubuntu about how to install)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRealBeesley View Post
    Agreed the tabbed browsing is nice, but advanced browser is so much slower for me.
    Unbuntu requires Homebrew though, right?

The standard HP Touchpad browser works great for most things, but some webstreams (especially those with imbedded advertisements) cause it to give error messages and not play.

Would be great to have something like Firefox or an alternative browser.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRealBeesley View Post
    But it has the identical Flash support as the standard browser, right? I need something to block embedded ads and such, for a better Flash playing experience.

Does anyone know if the HP App Catalog has a plug-in for the web browser to block embedded ads? (not pop-up ads)
    Last edited by TouchMe79; 09/04/2011 at 12:45 AM.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast