Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree4Likes
    I have HP webOS tab
    When ever i try to download any browser i'm getting validation message as'Cannot open mime Type'.
    Can any one answer why it hapens
    Quote Originally Posted by sumapuri View Post
    I have HP webOS tab
    When ever i try to download any browser i'm getting validation message as'Cannot open mime Type'.
    Can any one answer why it hapens
    Guessing you are downloading "EXE" files from the web, which aren't supported by webOS. You would only be able to load a browser coded for webOS (from Preware or the app catalog).
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Best browser for now is Release: Isis Web But on 30 September ACL for Touchpad will be released and you SHOULD be able to download any browser that works on Android to use on your TP. Learn about it Run Android Apps in webOS on the HP Touchpad by Phoenix International Communications — Kickstarter and if you want to...ACL for webOS HP TouchPad - Phoenix International Communications Store
    Follow me on Twitter
    For the latest webOS news check out pivotCE
    Vistaus likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan Morford View Post
    Best browser for now is Release: Isis Web But on 30 September ACL for Touchpad will be released and you SHOULD be able to download any browser that works on Android to use on your TP. Learn about it Run Android Apps in webOS on the HP Touchpad by Phoenix International Communications — Kickstarter and if you want to...ACL for webOS HP TouchPad - Phoenix International Communications Store
    Definitely not "any" browser. For starters Chrome will not run, it requires 4.0+. ACL emulates 2.1 I believe.
    2.3.6 currently as far as I know (and previously confirmed by Phoenix I believe as well). Not that it will make a huge difference though ;-)

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    Definitely not "any" browser. For starters Chrome will not run, it requires 4.0+. ACL emulates 2.1 I believe.
    There are unofficial builds of Chrome for 2.3.6 which you can download from XDA-developers. If ACL emulates right than it should work, although I have no experience with ACL myself and I don't intend to either.
    Stupid Question, has anyone looked at the open source browsers, and attempted a PDK compile?

Instead of using ACL, why not look for a native webOS apps?
    There was PreFox a long time ago. I guess it should be possible to compile recent Firefox for webOS somehow?Using Snowshoe or another QT browser would also be an option. QT 4.8 was working on webOS, but I'm not experienced with QT and my first attempt to get QT 5.x working failed miserably :'(

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    But Firefox for desktop is written in Xul, not in Qt. And even so: a desktop browser wouldn't make a match. So that leaves Firefox for FFOS/Android which also isn't written in something that can be natively compiled for webOS (at least not without modifying the code). And then what engine will it use? I'm not sure if Xulrunner would be easy to get running on webOS and using WebKit there's not much difference with the stock/Advanced/Isis then.
    There have been a LOT of improvements to ARM code in webkit since Isis was forked, but of course, there's still a good chunk of work involved even if you were to build your own qt5 and webkit and all that for webos..
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234