Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
    Not exactly a browser made for webOS but I thought it worth mentioning, with splashtop (remote desktop) one can use any desktop browser on their touchpad or webOS smartphone. I'll be using it to use firefox on my touchpad and to watch netflix and probably some other stuff I haven't thought of yet.
    As requested: for my works on webOS patches and apps. Twitter: @larryboytw Patches: Small icons browser start page, 5x5 launcher. I have an AAS CIS Programming degree. I enjoy working on open source projects and alpha and beta testing.
    http://install.preware.org/ for easy to get up and running for patches and apps.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamex View Post
    Advance browser is the stock browser with a different skin and WebOS has no way to chose default apps which is really weird. Also advance browser does not handle flash as good as the stock browser. I don't understand why anyone would pay for advance browser.
    What do you mean there is now way to change default apps? Go to Device Info>>>menu>>>Default Applications
    There you can change everything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vistaus View Post
    What do you mean there is now way to change default apps? Go to Device Info>>>menu>>>Default Applications
    There you can change everything.
    Unless I'm missing something, that just seems to show you the defaults...mine doesn't let me actually change anything.
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneRyno View Post
    Not exactly a browser made for webOS but I thought it worth mentioning, with splashtop (remote desktop) one can use any desktop browser on their touchpad or webOS smartphone. I'll be using it to use firefox on my touchpad and to watch netflix and probably some other stuff I haven't thought of yet.
    yeah, seems like that is the only alternative. unfortunately, so far, every company people have asked about porting a browser has declined
    Quote Originally Posted by ccx View Post
    yeah, seems like that is the only alternative. unfortunately, so far, every company people have asked about porting a browser has declined
    Unfortunately my impression is they all have to be built from the ground up for each platform. In the case of firefox their teams are already busy working on the existing platforms they have builds for and no time it would appear to begin work on webOS. But like I said before all that is needed is a team of developers to make it happen and I'm more than willing to be a part of that team if someone wants to organize it and administrate the project. Same can be said of any open source browser of course.
    As requested: for my works on webOS patches and apps. Twitter: @larryboytw Patches: Small icons browser start page, 5x5 launcher. I have an AAS CIS Programming degree. I enjoy working on open source projects and alpha and beta testing.
    http://install.preware.org/ for easy to get up and running for patches and apps.
    Splashtop is pretty awesome. Streams hulu w/o the annoying delay that the TP browser has for hulu.com.
    Not true. Opera hasn't denied yet. They haven't confirmed either, but it's not "every company".

I do find it weird that Mozilla denied. I mean, they even made a version for Haiku and Haiku doesn't even have half as much users as webOS o_O
    If by mozilla you mean firefox, they didn't exactly decline porting. I've been told they don't have any developers available to work on it for the foreseeable future. Which is why I've been pointing out all we need is a team of developers from the webOS community to get working on the port to which I'm willing to be a part of but can't take project lead.
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Vistaus View Post
    Not true. Opera hasn't denied yet. They haven't confirmed either, but it's not "every company".

I do find it weird that Mozilla denied. I mean, they even made a version for Haiku and Haiku doesn't even have half as much users as webOS o_O
    lol I suppose you are right, but I tend to take silence as a 'no'
    otherwise they are just ignoring people

I guess technically we don't need a company to do it, some resources are open source, but as far as I know, nobody has stepped forward. Closest I think was prefox, but that guy stopped working on it a year ago, and was pretty rude when I wrote him asking about it a few weeks back.
    So the advanced browser got updated last night? anyone noticed the changes?
    Quote Originally Posted by gabriel959 View Post
    So the advanced browser got updated last night? anyone noticed the changes?
    Customizable gestures - right and left side swipe can be set independently to: go forward, go back, open sidebar, open bookmarks, or do nothing.

Available logins (guessing this is for users with securestore) show in the notification bar when not in fullscreen mode.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    i just read about this Mozilla Developing Open Web Mobile OS

maybe with some tinkering it could work with webOs?
    Installing Preware patch for Browser I have lost Advanced Browser. Tapping on Globe Icon
    I have blank page and note:" You don't have Advanced Browser". How to reinstall any Browser? Please help.
    Global Posts
    564 Global Posts
    i just read about this Mozilla Developing Open Web Mobile OS

maybe with some tinkering it could work with webOs?
    Someone started the project, but has not maintained it. Google "Prefox". Someone else could certainly pick it up....
    native browser and complete browser will NOT display the classic site ...where-oh-where is opera for the pre !! the rendering of the native browser makes it an exercise in fiddling to see everything ...opera browser rendering is very pleasant ...what's the deal here??
    Vistaus likes this.
    microsoft has dev's to spare.. I'd be pretty happy with a version ie for the TP Allow full access to live.com, "skydrive" and all the office apps (word,excel,powerpoint etc) and with ie I'm sure sliverlight would be supported. Common m$ hook us up! That would for me would just put the tp over the top. HP is in bed w/ m$ right, a little love please?
    Quote Originally Posted by stumblinh View Post
    microsoft has dev's to spare.. I'd be pretty happy with a version ie for the TP Allow full access to live.com, "skydrive" and all the office apps (word,excel,powerpoint etc) and with ie I'm sure sliverlight would be supported. Common m$ hook us up! That would for me would just put the tp over the top. HP is in bed w/ m$ right, a little love please?
    mobileIE on my motosurf a3100 was quite good though lacking tabs ...in the webOS environment that would not be necessary as cards would suffice nicely ...it would be a feather in the M$ cap to put out IE or us ...I would like M$ a little better and poopoo mac a little more too!
    I love Opera on desktop and on mobile devices, so I highly vote for a webOS-version of Opera Mobile
    Although Advanced Browser, which I use all the time, is pretty good too
    I only want advance browser is Free, help me plz!
    and I wanna download mp3 but streams is showed as not good as desktop
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast