Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By geeksquadkid
  • 1 Post By ryan87500
  1.    #1  
    I tried to post the as a Homebrew app request but I don't have permission to start a thread in that forum.

With all the frenzy around the firesale Touchpads, I'm a little concerned about taking mine out in public.

I would love for someone to create a lost device tracking app. At one time I had
    the "Where's my Pre" app on my Sprint Pre but it doesn't seem that app has transitioned to the Touchpad catalog. There are some great ones for Android with alarms that allow the device to email the owner with it's whereabouts and to remote wipe the device. I seem to recall that some are also hidden, so the thief doesn't know the app exists on the device.

This could be a high priced app.
  2.    #2  
    We now have a report of someone having a TP stolen from their hands. I hope someone will take on developing this app.
    there is no gps... How would it know where it is.
    Conne>< Coding

Remember!!
    *In Rod we trust.*

Yes, my user name says kid. Also, yes I'm 21. It's a long story.

Devices: Touchpad, 32 GB
    Retired my pre for an Epic 4G Touch, Miss it dearly howerver.

Herk_FE likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by geeksquadkid View Post
    there is no gps... How would it know where it is.
    If someone connects to a wifi can you track it that way? I know when I loaded the weather software it knew basically where I was.
    daffy4u likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by ryan87500 View Post
    If someone connects to a wifi can you track it that way? I know when I loaded the weather software it knew basically where I was.
    wouldn't be accurate though (compared to actual GPS) although there is cell stalker (I believe that's the name of the app) but it asks you permission before using localization services
    it would be accurate but if they reset the device before connecting it wouldn't help much.
    Conne>< Coding

Remember!!
    *In Rod we trust.*

Yes, my user name says kid. Also, yes I'm 21. It's a long story.

Devices: Touchpad, 32 GB
    Retired my pre for an Epic 4G Touch, Miss it dearly howerver.

Quote Originally Posted by geeksquadkid View Post
    it would be accurate but if they reset the device before connecting it wouldn't help much.
    GPS told me I was in downtown la where I was in the outskirts of it then again that's a small sample compared to all the people that use it...
    (actually have a separate GPS device just haven't paired it yet)