1.    #1  
    So we dont have the numbers the other platforms have yet and tbh, thats probably a good thing.

Why? because its a mess, i can only thank god we dont have the ipads app numbers because it would choke they way its structured atm.

Try searching or picking a category to find somethign and bets on youll come accross a list of about 20-30+ cookery recepies all seperate spamming up and slowing down the lists.

The app Cat being the focal point for use users shoudl not be something you have to wrestle with to get what you want, it should be an easy and stress free task.

A fair few mentioned here and on the hp/palm forums that we needed better search filters, and using that cookery recepie mess as an example we need sub-categories for something that relates to 1 package so all those recepies end up in 1 clickable link so their all listed inside away from everything else.

Sub categories for the main categories as well, break it all down so its not a giant mess and takes ages to load.

If you take a look around the catalogue atm youll see lots of apps that have many extras/additions/addons for 1 app, just looking i see a ton of "Quote" apps, they can all get grouped, "Recepies", Games like Tilestorm/Angry Birds, lots of versions, group em up in a submenu, you dont wanna have to scroll past 10+ of them tbh.

Maybe allow the devs to submit their work into either an APP subfolder they submit updates to, or they can make an Author/Company subfolder to keep their work grouped together.

try:

.Advanced Sort Filters
    .Sub Menus to group apps by author/company product
    .small button left of the bookmark button to "Show other apps by this author/dev/company"
    .Clickable link in reviews section to "Show other Reviews" on a users name to see what else they left comments/ratings for.
    .Actually have the "New" section list app entries by decending addition date
    .Better Segregation of Phone/Tablet apps (via filter or similar)
    .<Insert Other Good Ideas >

Good apps arent much good if its a pain trying to find them or navigate to them, its not just the quality of the apps that attract/distract customers but how you present them.
    Last edited by geekpeter; 08/24/2011 at 08:00 PM.
  2.    #2  
    quick example of wanting to group apps, i bought ages ago several of the tilestorm games, then as i went farther down the list notied the old App, App XD, App XHD, so i got what i thought was the best avail for the touchpad.

Idd 2 of them were touchpad apps, but i ended up with 1 that wasnt, the 1 i should of got was waaaaaay and i had to erpurchace the 1 more suitable and less of a pixelated eyesore.
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    So we dont have the numbers the other platforms have yet and tbh, thats probably a good thing.

Why? because its a mess, i can only thank god we dont have the ipads app numbers because it would choke they way its structured atm.

Try searching or picking a category to find somethign and bets on youll come accross a list of about 20-30+ cookery recepies all seperate spamming up and slowing down the lists.

The app Cat being the focal point for use users shoudl not be something you have to wrestle with to get what you want, it should be an easy and stress free task.

A fair few mentioned here and on the hp/palm forums that we needed better search filters, and using that cookery recepie mess as an example we need sub-categories for something that relates to 1 package so all those recepies end up in 1 clickable link so their all listed inside away from everything else.

Sub categories for the main categories as well, break it all down so its not a giant mess and takes ages to load.

If you take a look around the catalogue atm youll see lots of apps that have many extras/additions/addons for 1 app, just looking i see a ton of "Quote" apps, they can all get grouped, "Recepies", Games like Tilestorm/Angry Birds, lots of versions, group em up in a submenu, you dont wanna have to scroll past 10+ of them tbh.

Maybe allow the devs to submit their work into either an APP subfolder they submit updates to, or they can make an Author/Company subfolder to keep their work grouped together.

try:

.Advanced Sort Filters
    .Sub Menus to group apps by author/company product
    .small button left of the bookmark button to "Show other apps by this author/dev/company"
    .Clickable link in reviews section to "Show other Reviews" on a users name to see what else they left comments/ratings for.
    .Actually have the "New" section list app entries by decending addition date
    .Better Segregation of Phone/Tablet apps (via filter or similar)
    .<Insert Other Good Ideas >

Good apps arent much good if its a pain trying to find them or navigate to them, its not just the quality of the apps that attract/distract customers but how you present them.
    I couldn't agree more
    http://forums.webosnation.com/members/stargate-albums-my-pre-picture960-moving-pre.gif
  4.    #4  
    o dear, the ideas that unpopular? or lost in the void of new posts
    Or, maybe this have been a problem with the app catalog since the Pre- was released, and no one expects a change.
    I agree but for now I think it doesn't matter. The number of apps is not enough to hassle tp users, and once you go around the whole catalog you just have to check for new apps in the appropriate tab.

But true, better predict for the future of the cat imo.
    Proud Veer and Touchpad owner