Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By OrionAntares#CB
  1.    #1  
    Is there a list of Touchpad apps confirmed to be in development or is what we have possibly it? I figured being a month into the release there would be some new apps trickling out at this point but I don't really see anything.

If I were a developer I'd do everything possible to push my app out asap to take advantage of everyone getting their new bargain touchpads.
    They invest in whatever enough customers start complaining to them about.
    RoverNole and sledge007 like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by deihmos View Post
    Webos on smartphones has been on the market for over 2 years and didn't get anything much. There is no official ESPN app for Webos unlike other platforms. I would say don't expect any different with the touhpad. Corporations aren't going to invest in Webos at this point.
    there is a ESPN app for webos smart phones so there might be something in the pipeline for the touchpad
    Quote Originally Posted by lulbert View Post
    this would be a very good tablet had they had atleast half of what the apple store has.
    No duh....if it had that many apps, would it be selling for $100 ?
    Page Plus Cellular - Talk Smart
    Palm M100 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755P > Palm Pro > Palm Pre-
  5.    #5  
    I guess this means there probably isn't a list of apps that are coming I thought there's be 4 or 5 highly anticipated releases coming soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by jeremy3721 View Post
    I guess this means there probably isn't a list of apps that are coming I thought there's be 4 or 5 highly anticipated releases coming soon.
    There are at least 2 major apps I can think of that are in the process of getting major upgrades, so there is some hope...
    you dont need apps !!! just use the very good web browser !!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Orion Antares View Post
    They invest in whatever enough customers start complaining to them about.
    if that were true we wouldnt be waiting for vnc/rdp
    Quote Originally Posted by baloo247 View Post
    you dont need apps !!! just use the very good web browser !!!
    This is kind of true but we need a GOOD *** browser like Dolphin or Opera that's getting constant support and updates! Then i'd be happy accessing things off the browser and not worrying about apps.
    Quote Originally Posted by Johncase3 View Post
    There are at least 2 major apps I can think of that are in the process of getting major upgrades, so there is some hope...
    What two apps would they be?????
    Well I just got email from Mundu regarding a new update to the IM client to run on the Touchpad.
    Quote Originally Posted by advocate2 View Post
    What two apps would they be?????
    Companionlink

webOS Lives On At CompanionLink --The CompanionLink Blog

and Quickoffice (to add editing capability)
    Companionlink

Kind of funny. I am a Palm guy going back to the mid ninties before the phone and handheld PIM were made into one. I still use Palm Desktop as my PIM. Two years ago when the Pre came out I made the leap but didn't like the idea of storing lots of contact info in the cloud so I purchased Companion Link to sync. After testing I concluded the Pre was a beta product that would not work well in my business and went with BB. Then, when I moved to Android, Companion Link did the job. Now i will be using it again to sync the original Palm Desktop with the evolved WebOS.

The great circle of life. Go figure.
    Quote Originally Posted by advocate2 View Post
    Companionlink

Kind of funny. I am a Palm guy going back to the mid ninties before the phone and handheld PIM were made into one.
    Hey, the handspring had a phone add on, and a modem module as well IIRC.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    If enough people complain about not having an app it will probably get made. It's not hard, especially if it already exists for Android. I read on another post about another company porting all of there apps from Android to webOS in 22 hrs. If there is an app a lot of people have interest in we need to start blowing up that companys email, twitter and facebook and let them know. I already started another thread about doing that for a Nook app. B&N may be tough though, they don't seem to respond to tweets like most companys do.
    I have created a Google Spreadsheet for listing all the confirmed or in-development TouchPad Apps. Please update it

http://goo.gl/f1Rj8