Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Are there any Touchpad apps out there that you can use for tablet drawing and painting?
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    just draw
    +1 for just draw. There are other ones too but its free & seems to be the one with the most updates so far.
    Treo 300->Treo 600->Treo 650->Treo 700p-> Palm Pre-> Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch (32GB Launch-day Touchpad sustains my webOS need for now)
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MattV View Post
    Are there any Touchpad apps out there that you can use for tablet drawing and painting?
    So far I haven't found the equivalent to Sketchbook Pro or even Art Rage. The closest I could find is the app named "Just Draw." The app isn't even close to the aforementioned apps. I tried looking for online sketch pads, but most do not work with tablets. I found one but it's not an improvement over Just Draw (jagged lines).

I'm going to email Autodesk and see if they will be willing to do a simple port to webOS.
    +1 on the Sketchbook Pro...I'd tap dat app!
    Treo 300->Treo 600->Treo 650->Treo 700p-> Palm Pre-> Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch (32GB Launch-day Touchpad sustains my webOS need for now)
    my favorite app for the pre wa paintr lite by coleslaw it was awesome but it is not available for the touchpad
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    Does Paintr Lite have jagged lines also? Just Draw is pretty bad. I can't belive the lack of drawing apps. I found that Photo Point Pro looks promising (has more brush options) but it doesn't use line smoothing either and currently no save. I'm wondering if there is a harware or software limitation that prevents line smoothing or if these developers are all getting their programming feet wet. I have been writing to all the iOS drawing app creators I could find as well as the ones for webOS hoping that someone will step up and fill the gap.
    Quote Originally Posted by toymaker View Post
    Does Paintr Lite have jagged lines also? Just Draw is pretty bad. I can't belive the lack of drawing apps. I found that Photo Point Pro looks promising (has more brush options) but it doesn't use line smoothing either and currently no save. I'm wondering if there is a harware or software limitation that prevents line smoothing or if these developers are all getting their programming feet wet. I have been writing to all the iOS drawing app creators I could find as well as the ones for webOS hoping that someone will step up and fill the gap.
    Yeah! Imagine that - the Touchpad is already out for 3 months and it doesn't have everything that it took Apple two years to develop!

Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    Wow such vicious sarcasm, and you are a pastor? I was commenting more on the fact that coming from the PalmOS that already had rich drawing apps and the fact that webOS was supposed to make it uber simple to port existing iOS and Android apps. Let's be honest webOS has been around for more than three months and should have done more to foster professional app development.
    I am also not trying to call out Just Draw, all webOS drawing apps on the TouchPad are very primative. I think it has potential but it NEEDS to draw a smooth line, have an eraser and it would be nice if it could to do more like layers and use brush opacity to start.
    Last edited by toymaker; 09/26/2011 at 04:12 PM. Reason: Incomplete thought